ı 16 ı This Town

˙ ˙ ˙

"You've already bought a ticket and there's no turning back now."

˙ ˙ ˙

MY WHOLE MIND is frozen, like everything I am doing I'm not even thinking about. I don't think about where I'm going as I press down on the gas pedal. I'm not thinking as I turn down the road that enters into Mystic Falls.

It's not that I don't want to think, but rather my mind is past the point of thinking and has decided to just go with the flow. I can't decide if I like this feeling, as for once I'm able to drive in peace- or the most peace possible with Theo sitting in the back seat.

"Mommy are we almost there?" he asks, most likely forgetting that he asked that exact same questions not five minutes ago.

"Almost, Tee, almost," I sigh, tapping my finger anxiously against the steering wheel. The closer and closer we get to Mystic Falls, the more my heart begins to race and my hands begin to shake. I have no idea what to say to Damon, what to say to Stefan or Caroline. Frankly I don't think there is anything I can say to make up for how I hurt them, but I can only hope that by helping the with the Travellers, I'm doing something right. All I can hope for is that they'll understand.

I keep my tired eyes glued to the road, my eyes immediately landing on a white and yellow taxi parked on the side of the road just as I turn the corner. It's unusual for a car to be parked on the side of the road in the middle of no where, but what catches my eye is where the taxi is from: Atlanta.

As I approach the cab I begin to slow down, before pulling off to the side of the road to investigate. Everything about this set up seems off, and my mind screams at me to stay in the car. I glance back at Theo and quickly think of what I should do. For all I know this is some random taxi, or maybe it's the taxi Joel stole from Atlanta on his way to Mystic Falls.

I let out a big huff of hair before deciding to keep on going, not wanting to risk it when suddenly a body laying in the back seat of the taxi catches my attention just as my car starts rolling. I abruptly slam on the brakes, making sure Theo is secure in the back before sprinting out from the drivers seat over to the back doors of the cab. I pull the door open so wide with such force I rip the door right out of the hinges.

I take in a great gasp at the body in front of me, as it's the body of Joel.

"Joel!" I yell panicked, shaking his shoulder. His skin is clear of grey veins, assuring me he's not dead. Although I'm glad he'll be alright, I can't help but notice Tyler Lockwood's absence from the vehicle, assuring me that this was the Travellers doing.

My effort of waking Joel doesn't seem to be enough as suddenly I slap my hand across his face, immediately bringing the colour back to his cheeks. "WHAT THE FUCK!" Joel screams, as he sits up rather quickly, too quickly as he smacks his head against the roof of the car.

Rubbing his sore cheek with one hand and his bruised forehead with the other, he turns to me with wide and fearful eyes. "Blair? Wh-what are you doing here? You shouldn't be here!" he exclaims, coming back to reality.

"Clearly I should, seeing as I had to save your sorry ass," I remark, holding out a hand to help him out of the car.

"Well if that's what you came here to do, you're a little late. The Travellers were already here and snatched Tyler up, and before I even knew what was happening they knocked me out with their juju, and next thing I know I'm waking up to you smacking me on the goddamn face. What the hell Blair?" Joel snaps in a jokingly slash angrily way. I know he wants to be mad at me, but usually in stressful situations Joel and I express our stress through jokes and laughter.