chapter 17

"Then who's?"

"Mine"

I started at him for  some time unable to process his words through my wired brain which was already messed up enough for one evening. Harry is offering his interview for me? But why? And why would I even want his interview.?

I was given Madam Finn's name as my final assignment not his. That's odd and at the same time an option as well for me.

Seconds were ticking and my heart was racing. I saw question hold in his green eyes. All my chances were buried down after tonight's result. I can never get hold on her no matter how much I try. If I could convince Professor Gambon ?

No! That's out of question! Harry doesn't relate to my subject. Why would he agree on it? But then again what chance do I have?

I am left miserable with zero way out. May be I just have to grab what ever life is throwing on my face rather than rejecting it and  screwing up my life further more.

"I- I think that's..." I slowly stuttered. 

"Not possible" Harry finished my sentence.

"No!!" I hurriedly clarified his misjudgement.

"I think that's great" I fake exclaimed! I felt sweat dripping on my back thank god I quickly wore my coat and was buttoning it.

Is it I thought to my self? What are you doing GInny!

"Are you sure?" He raised his query clearly evident in his cold green eyes.

"I am, I am glad you even offered me your help" I truthfully replied smiling a little.

He loosened his stiff shoulders a bit and nodded his head.

"I'll send you an letter, you can give me your details later on" said Harry.

"Sure thing, here is my address" I handed him my address which I kept in pocket with many other notes in any case I needed them tonight. I started going through them, I found my professor reference, my subject grades and specialist, some tricks and facts. All waste not my address. 

He impatiently waited for me and I become more cluster by minute. I littered the floor around me tearing the small cheats at last I found my address note.

"Ahaa...found it!! Here you go" I handed it to him and he took it by his two fingers and gave a glance creasing his brows in a cute frown.

"It's my address right?" I raised my eyebrows in confusion.

"Yeah, it is" he kept it inside of his jacket safely. 

"Well..then thank you for the company and help" I lamely added moving towards exit.

He followed me till the large heavy doors and stood at the end bowing his head slightly but not speaking a word.

"Good night Harry" I said. Steeping outside my back towards him.

"Good night" he replied remotely.

I turned to look around only to see that he disappeared in thin air. As though he never stood there ever. I frowned but shrugged it anyway.

I slowly opened the door it was past mid night afraid that I might wake Bryan I removes my hills and freed my feet from its sharp clutches. Also it clicked way too much. I tip toed my way inside to find Bryan knocked out on the couch hugging a small cushion to his chest.

He looked like an innocent baby calmly sleeping free of all worries and tensions, he was actually drooling a little with his soft snores which confirmed he was in deep slumber. I bought his soft sheets from his bedroom and covered him with it. Lightly brushing his hair. My god. He would kill me before I touch his hair. 

"Good night Brye" I said softly, standing straight I casted 'Noax' darkness enveloped and I went for my room, throwing my belongings on the bed I took a look in the mirror and appreciated myself for the final time and changed into my pg, while getting ready for bed I thought about highs and lows of today. So much had happen so much more have yet to come. 

For the past two years, Harry potter was no where to be mentioned in my life, I left him behind and was quiet successful in achieving my goal, I had found my happiness, a place where he never became the center of attraction, the main topic of discussion, or the lime light of the event. And more importantly I was at last free of my own obsessive one way liking, Now I was able to breath and talk looking into his eyes, stand in his presence without jumping like a teen crush crazed girl. Or get my heart broken every time he looks at me and doesn't reflect the emotions I contained for him in my big puppy eyes. 

I was contained with my good doing and taking my life more seriously and focusing on my future rather than wasting my time fooling around Harry and crying out my heart just because I never had the guts to confront him or more like day dreaming that he would eventually fall for me and we would live happily ever after with six children and a big fat house. 

I also realised that I had stop blaming him for neglecting me and found my own stupidity in first place thinking that way, you just cant force any one for that, if that was supposed to happen it would had happened even without me trying and wishing. I was happy tonight how far I had came, and how mature I became since these past two years. 

My eyes grew heavy and it was impossible to stay awake anymore but my mind was riling with countless memories all hitting and crashing into one another, but soon I dropped my gaze and closed my eyes and let my mind do its own work, soon it will get tired and shut off by it self. Hmm.. may be that's how we get our dreams, mixed with closed memories and wearing emotions attached to it. Ma be that's how dream factory work, May be?