chapter 41

"Harry, what's wrong?" I asked him when he didn't said a word until we reached his work room, he lit many other candles bringing the dim lit room to much more life.

"You were right, I didn't kill Jose. I miscalculated the step. I could have saved him if I saw this earlier. But I am not gonna repeat the same mistake. I never repeats the same mistake twice" He said brightly.

Harry moved to the completed soft board the board where the boy who died case was displaced. I suppose his name is Jose. He moved closer to the board and picked up files which were opened.

"You see this, this was the last location we traced of Jose kidnapper's before losing there track for good. It was in the central London. They kept hidding there just shifting to few blocks further away. They left this clue, I saw this but couldn't place a hand on it" he muttered clenching his jaws.

He turned and took a long strides to the other half of the room dragging me with him, he didn't left my hand. He stood in front of the same soft board which was incomplete with lose threads hanging. He placed a finger showing the map, looking closely I saw a huge map of London city beneath all the treads and notes.

"These sick bastards are playing the same way. Thinking I will lose again." He let go of my hand and ran his fingers through his hair in frustration.

"There has been another kidnap?" I asked him horridly.

He looked at me and shook his head. "No! But I have kept tracking them even after years of it." He said.

I took a deep sigh "Thank goodness, for that" I said loudly.

"Yes. Thank god for that" He meekly repeated my words. Averting his eyes.

A small smile made way to my lips, seeing him acting normal. Not normal atleast he isn't shouting at me anymore. Looks like water is under the bridge.

Looking around I took in the view of the room, it was oddly very attractive to me. Brushing my hair my eyes landed on my watch it showed 'Two AM' my eyes winded and I shrieked alarming a lost in thoughts Harry.

"What happened? Are you alright" He asked scanning me and my surroundings.

"I...I just looked at my watch. It's 2 am" I said lamely. Laughing awkwardly. I definitely overstayed my due.

He stood still for a moment and immediately started to apologise "I am sorry to waste your time, and to destroy your plans" He said sincerely. I parted my lips open. How did he know about my plans.

"You look well dressed, it's easy to guess" He clarified.

I fake smiled at him, he is such an keen observer. I almost rolled my eyes.

After few tense silent minutes I cleared my throat. "I should leave now, it's late" I said slowly.

After a beat he responded "of course" collecting my bag and coat also my umbrella we walked till his main door. As soon as he clicked open the door. Wosh of strong wind knocked us down with heavy fat drops of water. Damn it! It was still wildly raining cats and dogs. Harry quickly closed the door shut. In few seconds it nearly drenched us.

No way in hell I can leave in this bad weather. Seem like he was thinking the same. "You should probably wait, till it slow down or stops"

"Yeah" I tiredly replied him, he walked ahead and I followed him, this time he took us into another room, which was not covered with soft boards or desks or cabins which looked like an working office.

It looked like a room which belongs in cozy houses. Three different styled luxuriously sofas were causally placed around, a huge U shape white sofa, following a two seater and a average normal sofa were placed in circles and in the middle a classic bornfire. I approve of this room. It was really beautiful.