Chapter 27

"I am hungry" I said.

"I am not really." Harry replied.

It's been dusk now we traveled all day long, moving around places and places, I ate in intervals but he never had an bite and here I am hungry again. Do I have an excess eating disorder or he is suffering from lack of appetite. We passed through a fancy restaurant and Harry altered his steps to an stop. I raised an eye brow.

"Weren't you hungry?" He shrugged.

I gave the restaurant a look it looked fancy enough to empty my pocket in just starter course, but I cant say that out loud. If Harry knew about that he would do either two things, one: he would laugh right on my face for showing him no-need-favor or second: he would actually won't laugh and still offer to pay. I want neither of it, anyway. 

"I am not yet hungry" I said.

"Are you sure?" He gave me confused look. I nodded and moved as quickly as possible, not giving him any more time to stand any further near that restaurant. 

Snow was still drizzling low I moved my hand deeper in my coat pocket keeping my thoughts to myself repeating the flash backs of today, it went surprisingly well from my side. 

"How long have you been away from home" I moved my head to look at him.

He made an impassive face at my question. Did I asked something which I shouldn't have? I was dwelling with my conscience when I heard him say.

"A while." He said meekly.

I chewed my lip at that, whenever I ask him something in reply of an answer he give me another twisted reply, which forced me to ask another, I huffed and decided to not question him any further. 

We wandered along the streets aimlessly, should we depart now? what to do next? I was never a confused person but things change around him. He was quiet and the silence begin to stretch between, I was okay with being mute and be myself. It never bothered me, but tranquillity demands the comfort.

Around Harry I never found it. It always kept me on edge, forced me to keep the conversation in flow, it left me awkward and tangled in brain mess. It gives time to think and the more I think the more I get trapped in thoughts which I never want to open again.

"Do you live alone?" Harry asked quietly.

"I- I" I stammered at his sudden question. What do I say? No one knows about Bryan.

"It's okay, I didn't mean to pry" He cleared his throat.

"No, it's no secret. I live with an rommie" I stated. Well half truth, but it was correct.

"Do you want an ice cream?" He asked.

I gazed at him farrowing he pointed his finger ahead of him and I saw the same ice cream truck from the last time, we were back on the way to home. I smiled at him. It was so cold we could refused to take our hands out of the pocket and could feel smoke coming out of our mouths. Yet, we wanted to have some ice cream, who say no to it anyway? Crazy people. Right?

We placed our same orders one chocolate scoop for Harry and I ordered one strawberry and one vanilla leaving chocolate this time . with some sprinkles on them. Harry payed for both of us silencing me saying it was on him for the little detour.  I didn't protest much and shrugged.

"I wasn't expecting that, I even rehearsed my lines for the argument" he mocked.

"I don't argue that much" I shook my head.

"I feel like I am in a court defending my case everytime, when ever you talk" Harry sighed.

"I do not Mr potter" I laughed.