Chapter 15

Cat laid awake when she got into her bed. She pulled her covers up and looked around fearfully for a night light. She heard a slight creak and it terrified her, making her put a blanket over her head. "S-Sam...?" Cat cried out, desperate to cling to her friend. "Sam?" She called out again, a little louder. She peeked from under the blanket and saw Sam asleep on top of her bed in her boxers. "Sam, I need you." Cat cried out, choking back tears and whimpers. "Hm? What is it?" Asked Sam, barely waking up. Cat clenched her covers and said, "I'm really scared..." Sam just chortled and got up, walking over to her friend's bed. Cat relaxed somewhat when Sam took her up into her arms and flung her to the other bed. "Now will ya let me sleep, instead of whining the whole night?" Sam asked in a loud and agitated manner which scared Cat and made her cry. "Oh c'mon...don't start crying." Sam said. "I told you I can't help it..." Cat sniffled and Sam started to feel guilty. "Come here. I'm sorry," Sam said gently and took her friend's hand in hers. "I'm upset when I'm tired. You know that." Said Sam. "Yeah but I'm scared and I need someone when it's dark and scary." Cat said, calming herself down. "Nothing will get you while I'm here, got it?" Sam said, and Cat just nodded and yawned. Sam was very possessive and protective over cat sometimes, but this time she was gentle and kind. Cat brushed the hair away from Sam's neck and placed her face into the crook of it, softy sighing. Sam didn't say a word as she felt the remaining tears on her and just held Cat tighter. "Sam, please don't leave," Cat said,"I know you don't like affection but I need it to feel safe." Sam moved a little to adjust herself, causing Cat to move up slightly and their lips accidentally touched for a split second. Cat gasped and hid her face in her hands afterwards and kept saying sorry. Sam had already promised not to leave, so she showed she wasn't going anywhere by mocking Cat and burying her face into her neck. "It's okay, just calm down." Sam calmly said and Cat felt her warm breath on her neck, making her tremble. "I-I..." Cat couldn't figure out what to say. "Shhh, just go to bed." Sam said tiredly. "But we just, you aren't mad at me?" Cat asked. "Of course not. It was an accident." Sam said, then she kissed Cat's neck, making her jolt back. "I..." was all she could say. Then she got up and went to the bathroom, tears in her eyes. "Cat?" Sam called out, feeling concerned. Sam heard the bathroom door shut and she walked to toward the bathroom to try and comfort Cat. Sam sat at the bathroom door all night, waiting for Cat to come out, but she only heard whimpers and sniffles. "Cat I'm sorry, I won't do it again I promise." Sam said. There was a still silence and then the bathroom door creaked open. "How am I supposed to feel when you deny my hugs and shove me away, then when I find comfort in you, you kiss me and make me feel all these weird confusing things and think about things I don't normally think about!?" Cat went on a rant and Sam just shouted, "YOU JUST DON'T GET IT DO YOU?!" Making Cat's eyes widen in fear. "I get angry and push people away because I hate feeling attached. I never felt like this with anyone before and I don't know why. My mom is an alcoholic deadbeat with so many boyfriends, I'm surprised she doesn't have a disease yet! And my Father isn't even in the picture, what am I supposed to do?! Find pity for myself? No! I had to toughen up and fight my whole life, to protect my mom from crazy exes and myself from getting killed. I never wanted anyone around me until I met Carly and softened up. And now you show up and I saw something in you that made me want to protect you and make you happy." Sam said, breathing heavily while tears started to trail down her cheeks. "I make you have confusing feelings too...?" Cat asked. "Yeah. I just didn't want to say it." Sam said. "Sammy...it's okay." Cat held Sam and all of a sudden she burst into tears. "I need you, please don't go." Sam said pleadingly and held Cat's waist tight. "I need you too. I would never leave you." Cat said, stroking Sam's hair and placing her cheek on her head. "I wrote the note." Sam said. "You...wrote it?" Cat backed up and looked at Sam. "Yeah, and now you hate me." Cat stared at Sam for a while and then smiled. "I don't hate you. I just don't like girls that way." Cat said. "I know, you'd never want to be with m-" Sam was interrupted by a soft peck on the lips. "But I love you. And you're the only girl I can say that for..." Cat blushed and Sam sat in shock. "You love me?" Sam asked, unsure of what she just heard. "Of course silly," is all Cat said before being hugged by Sam. "I love you too." Sam said, smiling. Sam got up from the floor and picked Cat up to put her in bed. "Sam...?" Cat said but was cut off by a kiss. "We can talk about it tomorrow. I'm sleepy." Sam said and got in bed to hold her. "Goodnight." cat said. Sam was already asleep and Cat eventually fell asleep too.