Chapter 34

Jade went to meet Cat And Sam at the Cafe and saw them sitting together, drinking coffee. "Well Carly's gone. She just got on the plane back to Italy." Jade said. "At least I got to tell her goodbye before she left." Said Sam. The three of them left to go back to Jade's car to go home. "I'll drive this time, you can just sit back and relax." Sam said. "I didn't know you could drive a car!" Cat gasped and hopped in the back seat, hopping up and down giddily. "Fine, you drive then." Jade said, getting in the passenger seat, putting her feet up and crossing her arms. Sam drove to their apartment and Cat fell asleep on the way there. Jade saw that Cat was knocked out, so she decided to talk to Sam. "So how was it?" She asked. Sam glanced at her, then back onto the road. "How was what?" Sam asked Jade. "Carly, the sex with Carly." Jade said blankly and smirked. Sam's eyes widened and she snapped at Jade, quietly so she wouldn't wake up Cat. "Did Cat tell you about that?" Jade giggled and shook her head slowly. "Nope, you just did. I had no idea you did anything with her until I heard your response." Sam blushed and sank into her seat. "Dang it..." Jade pinched Sam's cheek and cooed at her. "Aw Sammy whammy feels a widdle guilty." Sam swatted Jade's hand with the other hand on the wheel. "Shove it, West. It was just a little fling." Sam said, feeling embarrassed. "Why'd you do it anyway? You wanted to see if your little friend learned any new tricks they do in Europe or because you know Cat is too scared to do anything with you?" Jade asked bitingly. Sam just tightened her grip on the wheel and took a deep breath. "I was just in the mood and Carly was willing to do it at the time." Sam said calmly. "Mhm. So you cheated on Cat because you were horned up, your friend was starving for some attention from you and you needed a quick fill?" Jade asked rhetorically. "You basically summed up what happened." Sam said. "Wow, you really are ruthless." Said Jade with a smirk. "What? How?" Sam said, feeling guilty and gripping the steering wheel until her knuckles turned white. "Cat's trying so hard to bring herself to be intimate for you and you gave up on her to go for an old flame." Jade said. "Geez...I am a terrible girlfriend when you put it that way. Why doesn't she just dump me like any other girl?" Sam looked down and had a sorrowful expression on her face. "Because she isn't a normal girl. When she falls for someone, she falls hard. She will ignore your flaws and love you unconditionally. Cat wants you to be happy, you have to understand that, Sam. And if you were happy with Carly, she wouldn't have hesitated to let you go. Sure she'd miss you and cry about it every day, but she would sacrifice her happiness for yours." Jade's speech touched Sam more than she expected and they pulled up to the apartment in perfect timing. Sam hugged Jade and felt tears roll down her cheeks. "Thank you so much Jade. I never knew how much Cat loved me until now. She really isn't like any other girl." Jade hugged Sam back and patted her on the head tenderly. Sam pulled away from the hug to park the car. she looked back at Cat with a warm smile and got out, picking her up to bring her inside. Jade followed behind them and sat on the couch to watch a horror movie. "I'm staying here tonight, Puckett." Jade said, eyes not leaving the tv. Sam set Cat down on the couch next to Jade and turned all the lights off. "That's fine. And...thanks for the talk." Jade gave Sam a small nod and a smile. Sam picked Cat back up and put her to bed. Cat woke up an hour later to feel Sam's arms wrapped around her. She brushed her cheek against Sam's gently and snuggled closer. Sam woke up and smiled at her, giving her a kiss on the nose. "You're always up early." Sam said and let go of her. "I know. You always stay up so late, I can't keep up with you." Cat said and giggled. "Yeah, I can't keep up with you in the mornings so we're even." Sam said and got up to check on Jade. Sam didn't see anyone in the living room and checked outside to see if Jade's car was still there. the parking lot was empty except for Sam's motorcycle. She walked back in the apartment to go back to sleep, but she stopped in her tracks when she heard a noise that she never expected.