Chapter 43

The next morning, Cat woke up to go to school. She showered and put on a floral patterned dress, looking in the mirror to put her mascara and lipstick on. She walked back into the bedroom and sat on Sam's bed. "Sam, I'm going to school. I'll call you at lunch." Cat said and kissed Sam's forehead. Sam grunted and laid on Cat's thighs. "Sammy, I have to go..." Cat gently pushed Sam's head off of her dress and grabbed her book bag to head out of the door. "Hey Jade, where's Tori?" Cat asked as she got into the passenger's seat of Jade's car. "She's sick at home. I have to go over her house after school to make sure she's okay." Jade said. "Oh gosh...does she have the flu?" Cat asked. "It's a stomach virus. She got food poisoning from some bad sushi." Said Jade. They made it to the school and went to their classes. Cat went to lunch after her third period class and sat with Jade. "I hope Tori's okay..." Cat said and gave Jade a saddened look. "She's a little better. I texted her." Jade smiled at her and took her hand, squeezing it. Cat looked down at her hand and felt something wet trickle onto it. She looked back up and saw that Jade was crying. "Jade...?" Cat said and was pulled into a tight hug. "She's been coughing up blood for the past three days. I go and help Trina feed her. She can't even keep her soup down." Jade said through sniffles. "Oh my god! We need to go there after school!" Cat said and hugged Jade back. After they broke away, Cat received a text.

Sam Puckle: I never got a call from you. I miss my kitten. <3

Cat: Awww! ~<3 I'll call you now.

Cat dialled Sam's number and Sam instantly picked up. "Yo." Sam answered the phone. "Hey Sam, you miss me huh?" Cat giggled and heard Sam chuckle. "Yeah, I do. Did you want to go out tomorrow? We don't have to babysit on Saturday." Cat smiled and curled her hair. "I'd rather stay home with you. You don't have to spoil me." Cat said. "I'm taking you out." Sam said. "Kk, just as long as you know that I'm not forcing you." Cat said. "I know. I'm gonna go back to sleep, later." she replied. "Sam?" Cat said. "Yeah?" "I...I love you." Cat said shyly. "I love you too." Sam answered. She hung up and hugged her phone close, happily sighing. "You two were made for each other." Jade smiled and wiped her tears away. "Yeah, she's really special to me..." Cat said, looking down and blushing. "I wish Tori was here, seeing you talk to Sam makes me miss her even more." Jade said and looked at her phone. "Call her, Jadey. She'd really love hearing your voice, I know how it feels to miss someone and not see them." Cat said. "Oh yeah, I'm sorry about what happened." Jade said. "This isn't about me, this is about Tori. Call her, Jade." Cat smiled and put a hand on Jade's shoulder to reassure her. "Okay...I will." She said and dialled Tori's number. "Hello...?" Tori answered in a sickly voice. "Hey baby. You okay?" Jade asked. "Yeah, I'm fine. You asked me that already, haha..." Tori gave a weak laugh. "Yeah, I know. I just missed your voice, I can't wait to see you." Jade blushed and turned away from Cat when she awed at her. "Aw, Jade...you are such a sweetheart. I miss you too. I've never heard this side of you before, I like it." Said Tori. "Really? I guess I could...be a little less harsh for you." Jade said quietly. "I'd love that." Tori said, starting to cough. "I'll let you rest. See you soon." Jade said, worried about her. "Okay, I love you." Tori said after her coughing fit subsided. "I don't hate you." Jade said and chuckled. "Bye Jade." Tori said and giggled. Jade hung up and Cat hit her arm, squealing. "You two are too adorable!" Said Cat. Jade smiled and looked down. "Whatever, shut up." She said, trying to hold back her happiness. "Sam's taking me out tomorrow. If Tori gets a little better by then, maybe we can double date." Cat said. "No..." Jade said. "What? Why not?" Cat asked, puzzled at the sudden rejection. "It may be known at this school, but we aren't ready for anyone else to know. That's why I'm so mean to Tori here, to make the rumour go away. I'm not ready to go public." Jade frowned and patted Cat on the shoulder. "It's nothing personal." Cat smiled and understood what Jade was going through. "It's okay Jade. Come out when you're ready." She said. "I never thought you would like Sam though, you're always so boy crazy." Jade said. "I know, I only did that so nobody would know that I was...curious." Cat said. "Really? Oh yeah, I remember when sam first moved in and i came to visit you. I saw you watching that lesbian show on your laptop and looking at her, then you threw it out of the window when you saw me." Jade laughed and Cat frowned. "You scared me. You could've been my Nona. That would've been really embarrassing." She said. "Yeah, but the thing is, you never thought about that stuff when Sam wasn't living with you." Said Jade. "And you didn't want to break up with Beck again until you met her." Said Cat. "Uh-I..." Jade couldn't come up with a rebuttal. "Admit it, Sam had the same effect on you as she did on me." Cat said and smiled. "Maybe yours was a little more of a storybook crush, but mine was a lot different. Trust me." Said Jade. "Do you still...like her?" Asked Cat. "No, I don't." Jade answered. "Kk, I have something I need to confess..." Cat said. "What is it?" Asked Jade. Before Cat could tell her, the bell rang and it was time for them to go to their last class.