Chapter 36

Cat woke up early the next day to get ready for school. She hopped out of her bed excitedly to take her necklace out of her drawer. She placed the necklace on her dresser carefully and went to take her shower and put her purple dress on. After she was ready for school, she put the necklace on and woke Sam up with a kiss. "Could you give me a ride to school today?" Cat asked her and poked her nose. "Sure, kid." Sam said and groggily got up to shower and get her clothes on. Sam finished getting ready and they rode to her school. "I'll see you later," Cat said when they pulled up to the school. "Alright," Sam said and pulled off. Cat smiled and hoisted her book bag up when she walked into the building. She made it to her first class and saw Tori and Jade. She hugged them while giggling uncontrollably. "Hey Cat, you look happier than usual today." Tori greeted Cat and was slightly overwhelmed by how giddy she was. "Hey Tori! Look at what Sam got for me!" Cat squealed and lifted her chin up to show the necklace. "Wow, that's so beautiful! She went all out for that I bet." Tori said. Robbie huffed in irritation and mumbled, "I got her a cotton candy machine..." Cat looked over at Robbie for a second, but turned her attention back to Tori. "It was the most romantic thing she had ever done for me." Cat held the necklace and smiled, a smitten expression on her face. Jade appeared behind Tori randomly and said, "Let me see that necklace." Tori jumped out of old habit, but calmed herself down. "Kk," Cat said, lifting her head again. Jade analyzed it and smiled slightly. "Puckett is whipped." Mr. Sikowitz arrived a few minutes later riding a Segway. "Alright kiddos! enough dilly-dallying, let's commence with today's acting assignment." He said and All the students sat down. Sikowitz continued when the class settled down. "Now as you may have heard, I have a new play idea and I have specific students that I would like to play certain characters." He spun around on his Segway and rode it toward Robbie. "Shapiro! I would like you to play Georgie, the deadbeat heir to a billion dollar corporation who is addicted to scratch and sniff stickers!" Robbie smiled and nodded, "No problem, Mr. Sikowitz." Andre and Beck showed up late and stopped in their tracks when they saw Mr. Sikowitz. "Uh, I had to stop for gas on the way here...sorry." Andre said and Beck nodded. "I was there, I saw the whole thing. Plus I was hitching a ride since my car is-" Mr. Sikowitz stopped them by putting his hand up. "Just don't show up late again." He said. They sat in their seats and Cat waved at them happily. "Hey Andre, hey Beck!" she said. They waved and went back to see if they had characters for the play. "Ms. Vega! You will play the lovely and manipulative temptress, Vivian. She will seduce Georgie and try to take all of his money." Sikowitz said. Tori looked at Robbie and cringed slightly. "Alrighty then..." She said quietly. Jade laughed until she heard the teacher call out her name. "You will not be acting in this play. You will help me write the script. You shall be my assistant director as well. It's a big responsibility Ms. West." He said. Jade smiled and nodded in a relaxed fashion. "I can do it in my sleep. That is if the monsters in my nightmares don't try to rip me limb from limb and feast on my innards." Jade smiled creepily and it unnerved everyone except Mr. Sikowitz. "Brilliant! You start tomorrow. Cat! I almost forgot, You will play Helen, the stressed over worked mother of Georgie who doesn't know her husband is having an affair with his assistant." He said with expected gusto. "Yayyy! I get to be a character!" Cat cheered and smiled at her teacher. Everyone else received their characters and soon it was time for the class to be dismissed.