Chapter 27

Sam walked into the kitchen and saw newspapers lying around the floor, too tired to react to seeing Cat sleeping under them. She noticed that the newspapers covered the couch when she went to sit down, getting irritated. "Cat! Why's there newspaper all over the house?" Sam screamed and woke Cat up. "What?! Ahhh!" Cat flailed out of the news papers and got up to brush herself off. "Oh yeah, I was looking for a good paying job besides babysitting." Cat said. "For what?" asked Sam. "It's a secret." Cat smiled and picked the papers up, organizing them neatly on their table. "Hey where's the kid we babysat last night?" Sam asked. "His dad came to take him home after you fell asleep." Cat said. Sam nodded and laid on the couch. "Cool." Cat walked up to Sam and sat on her stomach. "You know, since we are dating now...I was thinking that we could go on a...date." Cat said and smiled at Sam. "When? it depends on the time, cause Girly Cow is having a season finale and I don't want to miss it." Sam said. "You'd pick watching Girly Cow over a romantic dinner with me...?" Cat pouted and Sam sighed. "Well it is the season finale..." Sam trailed off and Cat slapped her arm. "How rude, you could always watch a rerun!" Cat frowned and Sam responded with,"But you don't get the same rush, knowing that you didn't watch it when it first came out. Then you feel filthy when you watch it after everybody else has watched it...with their dirty eyes." Sam cringed and added, "It's just sick, man!" Cat became sad, making Sam break under pressure. "Fine...just make sure you record it." Sam said. "Yayyyyy!" Cat shouted and kissed Sam. "I picked a vegan restaurant for us to go to and our reservation is at eight." Cat said. "Ewwww, isn't that just eating leaves and dirt?" Sam said, grimacing. "Nooo, they have leaves and fancy dirt." Cat giggled and Sam held her stomach in disgust. "I'm not eating there." Cat got on top of Sam and kissed her. "Just try it, Sammy. And if you don't like it, you can just watch me eat." Cat said and bit Sam on the nose, making a 'yum yum yum' sound. "I'll do it. Only because you're my girl." Sam said and sighed in defeat. "Thanks so so so much, Sam!" Cat hugged her tight and jumped up to happily skip across the room. Sam watched tv and waited for Cat to get home from the mall, then she decided to eat a bunch of melon ribs in the fridge. Cat came back carrying a bunch of bags from multiple stores. "These are your outfits for when we go out." Cat told her. "Thanks. I see you got a dress..." Sam eyed it with a disgusted expression. "Come on, Sam. it's just one dress. You pick when you wear it." Cat smiled and showed the rest to her. Sam liked the suits and how they weren't too feminine or masculine. "These are okay I guess." Sam smiled and Cat became excited, "You should wear this one tonight. I want us to match." Cat said with a slightly sultry undertone. Sam raised her eyebrows and pulled Cat in closer. "You sound like you know what you're doin. You better be looking hot to make me miss my show." Sam said. "Don't worry, I'll look nice in my dress." Cat poked Sam's nose and eased herself out of Her grip, putting the bags in their closet. "You won't regret it." Cat looked back and winked at Sam, then sauntered into the room.