Chapter 24

Sam was asleep when Cat came back from school, still slung over her bed like a rag doll. "Sam I'm home!" Cat shouted and went into their room. "Could you keep it down, Kitten? Mama's got a headache." Sam said. Cat sat on the edge of the bed and rubbed Sam's head. "I like that name. It's like a baby Cat, and my name is Cat. So you're calling me a baby." Cat giggled and Sam smiled with her eyes still closed. "You figured it out, that's great." Sam said sleepily. "Oh I got you some ribs from Rib n' Chicken" Cat said and snuggled under Sam, waiting for a reaction. "You got me ribs?" Sam picked herself up and Cat hopped up joyfully. They walked to the kitchen and Sam's smile instantly turned into a frown. "What in the ever lovin crud is this?" Sam said blankly. "They're melon ribs! Cut to look like real ones. I got them from the fruity fiesta." Said Cat, beaming at Sam. "That's just disrespectful. You taunt me with ribs to wake me up, then ya bring home imposters." Sam said frowning at Cat. "I know, I'm an awful person." Cat said and giggled. "Just try one. You won't regret it." Cat said and kissed her girlfriend's nose. "Alright, just for you though." Sam took a melon rib and ate it, instantly enjoying how sweet it was. "This tastes like a fat cake without the coconut shavings!" Sam ate the rest of the melon ribs and Cat smiled and watched. "You eat more of those and you're going to have really tasty Sam juice!" Cat said innocently and Sam stared at her, puzzled. "What?" Cat reminded Sam about what happened last night and Sam turned red. "Cat...what's that stuff on your neck?" She pointed to the red blotches and Cat touched one, flinching afterward. "These are from when you kept biting me...people thought you hit me and I had to go to the counsellor to take an abusive relationship test." Cat said. "Oh chizz, you do bruise easily. I am really sorry...next time, I'll just let you do everything since I'm too rough." Sam said, hugging Cat. "It's okay Sammy. You can't help it, it's in your nature." Cat's head was tucked under Sam's chin and they held each other close. "I'd love to teach you how to be gentle. If you want to," Cat curled her hair and blushed. "I do, I want you to feel good, not get hurt." Sam said. They looked at each other and the doorbell rang. "Ding dong. I'll get it," Cat said and opened the door. There was a tall, well dressed man and a small chubby boy with glasses at the door. "Oh you must be Tommy! Come in." Cat smiled and the boy just looked past her and walked in, flopping onto the couch and watching the tv. "I'm sorry for his behaviour, he isn't allowed to have snack foods so he becomes very cranky." The man said. "Oh, okay that's fine." Cat said. "Yeah, I'll teach the booger eater a lesson if he tries to step up to me and her." Sam said. "Aw...Sammy." Cat said quietly. The man cleared his throat and said "Well make sure you keep him away from snack food. That'll be all." He said. "No problem." Sam said. The Man left and the kid turned over and looked at Cat. "I don't like your hair. Your boyfriend looks like a girl." Tommy said. "Hey! Don't make fun of her hair!" Sam plucked him between the eyes. "Ow! What'd you do that for?" Tommy said. "Because you need to know your place." Sam said. "Sorry ma'am..." He said and sat still in the couch. Cat gave Sam a quick peck on cheek. "you're the best." She said quietly and walked into the kitchen to make a fruit bowl. "Here, I made you something sweet, Tommy." He stared at it and smiled. "Gee, thanks ugly haired lady. You're not so bad after all." He ate it and watched tv for the rest of the time he was there, munching on fruit occasionally. Sam sat in the bedroom and was about to take a nap when she received a text. Her eyes widened when she saw who it was from.

Carly: Hey Sam. :)

Sam: Hey.

Carly: So what's up with you?

Sam: In LA.

Carly: Oh. That's cool.

Sam: why are you just texting me now?

Carly: I'll call you and tell you.

She looked at the phone and didn't respond to the last text. All of a sudden the phone vibrated.