Chapter 37

The school day was over and Cat received her script. "Are you sure you don't want me to come over and help with the husband part? It is my character after all," said Andre. "No it's okay, I have someone at home to help me so you can take care of your grandma." Cat said and smiled at him. Beck came back with his script and a frown on his face. "Hey man, what's the matter with you?" Andre asked him. Beck looked at Andre and said, "Say hello to your assistant." They both cringed and stepped away from each other a little. Cat laughed when she saw that they were the husband and the assistant. "Is he gonna make you dress up and all that stuff...?" Andre asked with a grimace. Beck only nodded and they both shuddered. Cat laughed even harder and calmed down when she saw Sam pull up into the parking lot of the school. "I'll see you love birds tomorrow hehehe!" Cat said as she went to put her script in her book bag and walked to Sam's motorcycle. "Hey sweet cakes." Sam said when she gave Cat her helmet. "Hey, Sam cakes." Cat smiled and shrugged and Sam laughed. They rode home and Cat showed her the script when they sat on the couch. "Look! I got a part in a play at my school, could you help me with the script?" Cat asked. "Uh, I'm not very good at acting. But I can read off of the script if you want." Sam said. "Kk, that's fine." She handed Sam the husband's part. "Who are you supposed to be?" Sam asked. "Oh, I'm Helen; an overworked and stressed out mother of a lazy heir to my corporation and I don't know that my husband is having an affair with his assistant." Cat told her. Sam looked at her bio and then the husband's. "Okay then, let's do it." They spent a few hours rehearsing for the play when Cat finally said, "I think that's a wrap, I need a break from all of this." Sam nodded and said, "You were really good, your voice and your whole personality changed when you read that script." Cat giggled and did a curtesy. "Why thank you. I see you appreciate my acting." They both relaxed and Cat put the scripts back into her book bag. "I need to go study for my math exam. It's supposed to be really tough." Cat said and pulled out her notes. "Ew. Math is gross." Sam said and frowned, plopping back onto the couch. "Well, I have to do yucky math so I can graduate. I am a senior after all, graduation is important. Plus if I fail math, I can't go to the prom that's coming up in May." Cat said when she sat at the kitchen counter. "I'm really looking forward to it and I have to keep my grades up to go." Cat looked up from her book and saw that Sam was walking over to put her arms around her. "Sam...not right now, I'm busy." Cat giggled and pried Sam's hands off of her. "C'mon, please?" Sam begged and put her arms out. "After I'm done, Sammy." Cat smiled and went back to studying. "Fine. I'll be taking a nap." Sam said and walked into the bedroom. A few hours later, Sam woke up and walked into the kitchen. She saw Cat with her head down, sleeping soundly. She walked over and hoisted Cat up into her arms to put her in bed. "Sam..." Cat woke up and said groggily. "What is it?" Sam asked and placed Cat down onto her bed. "I'm so sleepy." Cat said and smiled, closing her eyes and falling back to sleep. "Go to bed, kiddo." Sam said softly and kissed her, getting up to go back to sleep. Cat held her arms up and grabbed the air, her eyes still closed. Sam looked at her and bent down to hug her gently, only to be pulled down on top of Cat. "What the-" Sam said but was pulled into a deep kiss. "Stay over here with me tonight." Cat said, her voice lower than usual. "Uh...okay." Sam said, stunned at Cat's sudden demand. Cat scooted over and snuggled close to Sam, sighing and kissing her ear lovingly. "Don't do that..." Sam said, pushing Cat away. "But I want to." Cat said and scooted back over to Sam, biting down on her ear and tracing her finger along Sam's jaw. Sam held herself back and clenched her eyes shut. Cat got on top of her and bent down to kiss her neck tenderly. "I'm ready..." Cat said and straddled Sam, her finger trailing down her chest.