Chapter 2: Looking Back (Part 1)

GRAY'S POV

I leaned back on my seat inside the carriage along with the rest of team Natsu, I was slowly falling asleep, I still can't help but think about everything that happened after I had lost Ur and now Ultear.

I contemplated about everything that happened between my closest friends.
From the day their team was formed, my initial thoughts were 'We are going to cause a lot of property damage'

Among the team were Natsu Dragneel our resident fire dragon slayer, he's my rival, but he's also my good friend, we are polar opposites, Natsu's the fire, I'm the ice, he's aggressive and instinctive then I'm calm and collected. But we do have some things in common, never backing down from a fight is one of those. Mostly we fight against each other though, but I mostly do it to piss him off.

Next was Lucy Heartfilia, she's the new comer to the guild, a celestial mage, she's one of the few girls I'm closest with within the guild, she kinda always considers herself as dead weight in our team, but nevertheless she never lets herself get down, I know she has potential to be a great mage, but she has to discover herself first. Plus she's kinda cute

Then there's the queen of the fairies, Titania, Erza Scarlet, she's a requip mage, the best as far as I've known, she's the one who suggested we all team up in the first place. We both knew each other the most. Even though she's one of the strongest in the guild, I can see past through that tough, disciplinarian act. Ever since that day by the river bank, I knew that her armor was an emotional protection of sort for the slave girl who had been abandoned. I had been there for her when she had nightmares about her time when she was a slave. I knew she never told me everything, nevertheless I comforted her. She was also there for me when I had nightmares about Deliora, about how it killed my family, how Ur sacrificed her life to seal away my darkness.

Somehow I want to be responsible to make her happy and never let her cry.

Oh yeah then there's me Gray Fullbuster, your resident ice mage. My claim to fame uhhh stripping, ice magic, resident heartthrob. (how many times have I used the word "resident") the approachable guy, but you'll distance yourself when I strip spontaneously. As much as a cool guy I act, I'm never good at expressing my feelings.