Chapter 57: A Month Later

GRAY'S POV

So yeah just as the title of this chapter says.

JULY 30, X792

On the week of our honeymoon. Erza and I traveled all over Fiore to see places, you know while Erza can still move around, with the baby and all. Plus this was an opportunity to continue my promise with Ur. "Go out there and see the world"

With the Grand Magic Games days from now. I decided to sit this one out for the time being and take care of my pregnant wife. Erza wanted to compete, but I managed to knock some sense into her and remind her that she was pregnant. Well she could still do it, because she's Erza. But that's not the point.

Erza appointed Laxus as temporary guildmaster as a test. I kinda agreed with her decision seeing as this was his opportunity to redeem himself fully. Hey it's better than Natsu being the guildmaster.

We stopped by Crocus once our honeymoon week was over. Sabertooth managed to reclaim their spot as the number one guild in Fiore, while Fairy Tail was a second. But nonetheless the camaraderie between the guilds have never been better.

But then the bald headed guy from Lamia Scale, Jura Neekis called me over. I was being proposed to take a seat alongside the 10 wizard saints.

Nobody was more surprised than me, there's a lot of people more qualified than me. But why me?

Apparently being one of the disciples of Ur, who was a former candidate for being a wizard saint herself, Lyon and I were practically on our Master's level, Which I doubt is true. So why me then? Another reasons. Actually two more. Or three.

I had proven myself instrumental in the destruction of Tartaros, the last and most powerful dark guild of the Balam Alliance. And because I had already mastered a handful of magics under my belt, besides Ice magic. Plus ever since I reabsorbed the Ice from Iced Shell, I was brimming with power. Ultear observed that I had acquired a third origin thru unorthodox means.

I asked if I could think about it.

I asked Erza, Lyon, and Ultear separately on what I should do.

Erza being my loving wife supported me without hesitation.

Lyon said that I should take it, he couldn't care less for the title. Plus if I stand where Ur should have stood. Lyon would have an opportunity to beat Ur through me. I guess deep down Lyon still wants to be better than Ur.

Then Ultear said why did I even ask her. I asked her because I would be technically taking Ur's postion. She just said, I could do what I want. She managed to convince me fully when she said that Jellal was a wizard saint, Erza would really like it if I was a wizard saint.... with that I took the offer for a seat within the 10 wizard saints.

I was ranked 7th as a wizard saint, which is better than last.

Erza found it amusing that she was the 7th Guild Master of Fairy Tail, while I am the 7th Wizard Saint.

Well that was just the week after our wedding... what came after was very stressful.

The Alvarez Empire came knocking at our door. Of all the enemies that we've fought they were ruthless. And the appearance of Acnologia didn't help.

Erza fought with her mother, which didn't surprise me anymore considering I found out my father was alive.

Erza and I fought her mother, but I took most of the hits seeing Erza was carrying our child. Next thing I know I was smacked to the ground by a gargantuan dragon. I felt every bone in my body shatter as I passed out. The last thing I heard was Erza screaming my name...