Destiny

(Andrew)

     I can't believe that I'm finally going to Beacon.  Becoming a Hunter is what I've wanted to do since I was young and, after years of training, here I am in the bullhead on my way to Beacon.  To be honest I was a little nervous, looking down at the city below and waiting for the Academy to show up.  Any sane person would be nervous....  I turned around, my black trench coat swishing in the motion, and bumped into someone.  I lost my balance fell back onto the ground.
     "Watch where you're going," I growled, propping myself up on my elbows.  The girl was a little shorter than I was with short, messy, blonde hair and bright green eyes.  She had a rapier at her side and a pair of gauntlets peaked out from under her coat that looked that they held a few surprises. 
     "Excuse me," she said, sounding a little taken aback.  "You're the one who ran into me."  I jumped back to a standing position and loomed over her.  This girl had an attitude...maybe I could deal with it.
     "Yes, of course," I said, putting a lot of sarcasm into my voice.  "I should have looked before I turned around to a big, open room.  Yes, that makes perfect sense...."
     "You got a problem?"  She asked. 
     "Question is, do you?"  I asked.  My face was inches from hers and I could see the fire in her eyes.  We stood there for a moment before we both cracked a smile and started to laugh.  "You've got a lot of attitude.  You gotta name?"
     "Destiny," she replied, "and look who's talking.  You have got to been hated wherever you're from...."  I shrugged.  Call it a hobby.  "I told you my name, how about you tell me yours?" 
    "The name's Andrew Jennings," I replied.  A video image of a blonde woman appeared but I can't be bothered to pay attention.  "So...becoming a Huntress?"
     "Why else would I be here?"  She snapped.  So she's got some attitude...I can deal with that.  "But yeah, I've wanted to be one since I was little.  Besides...most of my family are Hunters and Huntresses.  What about you?"  I shrugged.
     "More or less the same as you," I said.  "I just can't wait to get started...."  People were now looking out the window at Beacon Academy except for one tall, blonde kid.  He looked out for about ten seconds, grabbed his stomach, clapped a hand over his mouth and ran to the nearest trash can to throw up.  "Uh...looks like he's not doing so hot...gross."  Destiny and I looked out the window at the school.  A few more years and we'll be Hunters.  Who knows...she might actually be a valuable team mate.