A Shocking Action

I ran back to the dorm, cape flapping in the breeze and Isabel a few feet behind me. I wasn't really paying attention but I heard her tell me to slow down but I picked up the pace. One of my teammates is crying, probably hurt by some moron who I'll have to beat...how could I slow down? It's my job to make sure that they're all alright.
     I burst into the dorm, my wig flying off onto the floor. Leah was their on her bed, head in her arms, shaking with sobs.
     "Leah?" I said, tentatively. "Leah, what's wrong?" She looked at me through her tears, but there was something else in her eyes...almost like betrayal.
     "Like you'd care," she said, jumping to her feet. She stormed out of the room, deliberately slamming into me to try and knock me down. I watched her run down the hall before shouting, "Leah, wait!" I sped after her, using my long legs to catch up with her until an arm came out of nowhere and clothes-lined me.
     "Going somewhere, Pipsqueak?"
     "Not now, Reese," I groaned. "I don't have time for you...." He stepped out from where he'd been hiding, an evil smile across his face.
     "Leah looks pretty upset," he said. "Something you did?" I got to my feet and glared at him. He still had that stupid smile on his face until I punched him in it, feeling his nose break under my knuckles. He clutched his bleeding nose as I continued to race after Leah, realising that I'd lost her. I slowed to a stop in a park, looking around and wondering where I should go before I heard the sobbing.
     Leah had hidden behind a tree to resume her sorrow, and I went to sit down beside her. She didn't seem to notice, or acknowledge me as I sat down beside her.
     "Anything you want to talk about?" I asked her. She looked at me through tear-soaked eyes, but the fire of hate still burned bright.
     "No," she snapped. "Especially not with you!" She made to run off again but I grabbed a hold of her risk. I don't look it but I have a very strong grip and am very stable. "Let go of me!"
     "Not until you tell me what's wrong," I told her. My voice had taken on a monotone as my anger started to form. Her arm writhed in my grip but I only tightened my grip.
     "Let. Me. GO!" She shouted. A glyph appeared under my feet and launched my into a near-by tree. Stars danced in front of my eyes as I glimpsed the soles of her feet running away.
     "What did I do?" I muttered, rubbing the back of my head. I pulled myself to my feet and began walking dazidly back to the dorm.

Isabel

     I changed out of my 'costume' and sat on my bunk to read. Andrew'd got me to join this reading slash writing community that he was a part of and he'd gotten me hooked. His books in particular were really nice and actually gave me a little insight into that labyrinthine brain of his.
     "Where did Andrew go?" Destiny asked, settling on her own bunk. "I thought that he was coming back here...and where's Leah?"
     "Andrew went after her," I told her. "Sun told him that she'd run away crying, and he ran after her...." As if on que, Andrew walked through the door, took off his duel-disk and flopped into the chair by his desk, his face resting in his hand. "Are you alright?"
     "Where's Leah?" Destiny asked him. He didn't speak, but every once in a while I saw him shake with a sob.
     "Andrew?" I said, tentatively, placing my hands on his shoulders in a sort of hug. "Andrew, what's wrong?" He looked at me, his eyes a little red but still trying to keep his composure.
     "It's...it's nothing," he said, looking away. "I'm fine...." His voice broke on that last word. I saw his lips moving and heard him mutter "What did I do?" under his breath. I let go of his shoulders and put my shoes back on.
     "Where're you going?" Destiny asked, a hint of anger in her voice. I met her gaze.
     "Out...."

Leah

     I ran off after throwing Andrew off and was now sitting under another tree. I know that he meant the best but the fact that he pretended not to know is what got on my nerves. He knows that I saw him and Isabel, but he didn't want to admit that he'd done it. I bet they're back at the dorm, wrapped in each other's arms....  The thought made me sick.
     "What did you do?"  Isabel was standing in front of me, arms folded across her chest and a look of disgust on her face.  "What was going through your mind when you threw Andrew away?"
     "Just leave me alone," I told her.  "Please...just go away."
     "So you don't care about your team leader?"  She snapped.  I gave her a questioning look and her face got, if possible, more full of loathing.  "He's up in the dorm, crying, and it was after he came to get you...."  She cracked her knuckles and I slowly got to my feet.  "Let's get down to the knitty-gritty, shall we?"

Andrew

     Destiny had listened to my story with wrapped attention, and had even put an arm around me to comfort me.  She was a good friend, and had hugged me to be a good friend and try to make me feel better.  She hadn't said anything, even when I talked about Isabel kissing me at the party or when Leah threw me away with her semblance.  When I finished she was silent for a while.
     "How do you feel towards Isabel?"  She asked, finally.  I stood up and started to pace a little.  To be honest I don't know.
     "She's cute," I admitted, "but I'm just not sure....  I'm not saying that I don't feel something for her but I'm not looking for a girlfriend right now."  Destiny nodded and her eyes followed me as I paced.  "She's also a member of my team and if things didn't go well then that'd just create drama and awkwardness...."
     "Do you think that Leah's got feelings for you?"  She asked.  I looked at with a confused expression so she elaborated.  "From what I've gathered, she did run away from a guy but not who you think it might be.  She ran...because she saw you and Isabel."  I balked at her words.  If that was what really happened then....
     "Oh no," I muttered.
     "What?" She asked, looking as confused as I was a few moments ago.
     "If you're right and if Isabel went after her...."  Understanding dawned in her eyes and, for the second time tonight, I raced out of the room.

     I retraced my steps and followed the sound of voices to where Isabel had cornered Leah.  They were standing a few yards apart, weapons drawn and looking for a fight.
     "...Never had a chance with him," Isabel was saying.  "You're too timid to tell him how you feel, but now it's too late.  He's mine now...."  A glyph appeared under Leah's feet and she was propelled through the air at Isabel.
     "Just, shut up!"  She yelled, raising her flachion.  For a second I thought she'd sliced Isabel in two, but then Isabel hit her with the pomel of her rapier.  Leah didn't even have time to let out a cry of pain before she fell to the ground, unconscious.
     "ISABEL PECULIER!"  I roared, storming towards her.  I'm not an angry guy...okay that's a lie, but that's beside the point.  I've never felt rage like I'm feeling towards Isabel right now.  "What was that about?!"
     "She attacked me first," she said, looking hauty.  "I was just defending myself...."  I actually grabbed handfuls of my own hair and face palmed.  "What?"
     "She is a member of your team and your best friend,"  I said through gritted teeth.  "That means that you are not going to almost kill her...." 
     "She was trying to destroy what we have," she snapped back.  "She was the one who was trying to hurt me, and she hurt you.  I only did what had to be done...."  I stalked right up to her, pulled my hand back as far as I could and and slapped her.  The force of the blow knocked her to the ground and she looked surprised at me.  "You...you just...."
     "Shut up," I growled.  "Just...shut up.  I don't want to hear what you've got to tell me.  You can berate me later for smacking you, but we've got worse problems."  I glared down at her.  "You could've hurt Leah more than you realized."  I picked Leah up and the space around me started to warp.  "I'm taking her to the infirmary, but I won't tell the healers who did this...."  I teleported away, leaving Isabel on the ground.
     A healer led me to an empty bed where I set Leah down.
     "She'll be okay," the nurse told me.  "She's in good hands...."  I nodded to her before pushing Leah's hair behind her ear. 
     "I know she will be."  I left the infirmary as the sun was coming up.  That heavens it's a Saturday...I need to go into the city.  I'm only eighteen but that won't stop me from calming down in a bar.  I know a few that sell other drinks than alcohol.