Vytal Festival: Round 1

Isabel

     "Okay, ladies," Andrew said.  "We are about to go up against a team from Haven.  I'd be lying if I said I'd be devestated if we didn't win, but I'll be perfectly happy losing if we all did our best."  He looked at all of us, smiling in a way that made him seem dare devilish, but it was his way of being encouraging.  He had his trench coat in his hand, his gauntlets on his wrists, Nightblade compacted on his belt, and Shadow Strike ready to be put on his back.  "We ready?"

    "Never been so ready,"  Destiny replied, gripping the hilt of her katana.  

    "We'll win,"  Leah added, putting a hand on the pommel of he flachion.  Andrew looked at me, seemingly not expecting anything but looking like he'd like one.

     "This'll be easy," I told him, rapier in my hand.  His smile widened a little as he threw his coat on in one, swift movement and put Shadow Strike on a bandolier full of round objects that he's been testing for days.  

     "Alright team," he said, turning around.  "Let's go!"  We walked out of the room to tumultous applause and cheers from the thousands upon thousands of students from the four kingdoms.  

     "Welcome back ladies and gentlemen," Professor Port said over the intercoms, "to the qualifying rounds of the Vytal Festival tournament.  Just like the past battles, Professor Oobleck is up here with me doing commentary...."

     "Dr . Oobleck," Oobleck corrected Port.  "I didn't earn my Phd for nothing, Peter, but I must admit than I am anxious to see this fight.  Teams AJAX and Nightwatch are both very formidable teams, so I'm curious as to who will come out on top...."  Andrew waved at the crowd before turning his attention to the opposing team.

     Two of them were brothers, twins by the looks of things, only difference were their color schemes and their weapons.  One had a power gauntlet and his sword blade was red, while his brother had a shield and sword but were etched green.  The taller of the two girls had dark brown hair tied up in a pony-tail and was nervously twittling her thumbs.  The last girl was ridiculously short and ginger.  A bow was slung over her back and a sword at her hip. but a large wolf prowled behind her.  If she was any smaller she could probably ride that thing like a horse.

     "Who's taking who?"  Andrew asked.  

     "I'll take the guy with the power gauntlet," Leah said.  "He doesn't look to bad...."

     "I've got the nervous girl,"  Destiny replied.  "I've got a funny feeling about her...."

     "Who do you want?"  Andrew asked me.  "The guy with the green, or ginger with the puppy?"  I looked at both of them but I still felt something weird about the girl with the wolf.  

     "You get Short-Stack,"  I told him.  He nodded and started to swirl his finger around, making his ice ring around the arena.  

     "Let's go then," he said, drawing Nightblade.  "When the rest of stage rises, give it all you got."

Third Person

     Andrew stood at the back of his team, unlike Austin, the leader of team AJAX, who was first one out.  The dials rolled until hitting on ocean and hot springs, which rose to make the stage even bigger.  "Team...break!"

      "Go get 'em guys," Austin said.  Andrew started his path around the arena, gliding perfectly on the ice before starting to take aim with Nightblade.  Isabel, Destiny and Leah broke to seperate Team AJAX, baiting their chosen foes.  Andrew fired shot after shot at the girl with the wolf, who was trying to line up a shot.