Trying to Figure it Out

"I still don't believe that Yang would've done it," Destiny said for what felt that the fiftieth time.  "She can be a little aggressive sometimes, but she wouldn't knowingly hit someone who couldn't defend themselves...."

     "Now they've disqualified her and the Atlesian soldiers are keeping an eye on her just in case something happens," Isabel supplied.  "I've got a cousin here with Ironwood, and he told me.  He knows that we're friends, and I guess he thought I was concerned...."

     "As much as I am worried about Yang," I began, "I'm more worried about Ozpin."  They all looked at me so I guess I have to explain.  "Reporters are already getting statements from spectators who saw the fight, and they're attacking Ozpin.  They're saying that he's teaching us to fight like that, and are starting to question whether he's fit to be headmaster."  Gizmo gently swatted at my hair from my bunk, but I was too focused to notice too much.  "I know that he's keeping secrets, but I can't help but feel the need to trust him, especially after he...."  I caught myself before I said too much.

     Ozpin never said that Pyrrha and I could tell our teammates about the maidens, but I don't like keeping secrets from them.  I can't imagine how Pyrrha must be feeling.

     "Especially after he what?"  Leah asked, looking at me with her head tilted a little to the side.  I swallowed before constructing the lie.

     "Especially after he and my parents were on the same team at one time," I said.  "I've known Ozpin since I was a little kid, and I've always felt comfortable around him.  One reason I came to Beacon...."  They were all looking at me in silence.  The only sound was Gizmo who was cleaning himself.  
     "So I've noticed you and Pyrrha have been a little friendlier than normal," Isabel said slyly.  "Trying to get a little piece of Nikos?"
     "Not a chance," I said, shooting her down.  "Pyrrha's out of my league and she's got eyes for Jaune, despite her not being able to tell him...."
     "What about Blake?" Destiny inquired.  "Not interested in the pretty kitty anymore?"  I didn't have a retort but instead looked at Leah.  Blake was still a maybe, but I think I've got a new target....
     "She's beautiful," I said, a little absent-mindedly.  "But something tells me that I'm just a friend...."  I swing myself into my bunk, Gizmo moving to sit on my stomach as I stated at the ceiling.
     Nothing seems right about anything...but I can't say anything to my teammates unless something happens and Pepin gives the okay.