Epilogue

Andrew walked up to the house that stood before him and knocked on the door.  Within a few seconds, it was opened by a short woman with curly brown hair and deep brown eyes.  She hugged Andrew who in turn put his longer arms around her.

     "I'm home, mom," he said.  

     "I know," his mom answered, putting a hand on his thin face.  "You look a little skinny.  Have you been eating well?"  

     "Yes ma'am," Andrew told her, a small quiet smile on his face.  His mom moved back to let him inside where he deposited Shadow Strike and the gauntlets onto the table.  "Where's dad?"

     "He'll be in shortly," she said, looking at her only son.  "I told him you were coming and he decided to go out for something."  As if on que, the sound of a door opening and closing echoed through the house.

     "Is he back yet?" a deep powerful voice called. 

     "Yeah dad," Andrew called back.  A tall, burly man with thinning hair and a greying beard walked in, something small under his arm.  Andrew stood to about his father's shoulder and had similar eyes.  

     "It's about time," he joked, offering the small thing to Andrew.  "Here, meant to give this to you before you left for school, but better late than never, eh?"  Beneath the brown wrapping paper was a black, velvety box.  Inside it lay a glittering silver ring with a sapphire resting in the middle.

      "Grandpa's ring," Andrew whispered, slipping the jewelry onto the middle finger of his right hand.  "I'll make sure I take care of it...especially for what I'm about to do."  Both his parents looked a little confused at his statement.  "Did Ozpin ever give you anything for me, dad?  Something he told you to give me?"  His dad leaned back on his heels, looking a little worriedly at his son. 

     "Yes, he did," he answered.  "He told me give it to you when I thought you were ready for it.  Why do you ask?"  Andrew looked out the window at the wilderness before him.

     "I didn't come home to stay," he admitted.  "I have to go and find him...make him tell me what he knows about what I am...."  He looked at his parents; the tearful look of his mother to the almost blank look of his father.  "I know that you want me to stay, but I have to know...I'm tired of being in the dark about the important stuff...I need to know."  His mom rushed to hug him, sobbing into his chest while his father left the room.

     The sounds of rummaging from another room was the only sound save to the sobbing, and eventually, his dad came back.  

     "Lisa let him go," he said.  "Andrew, come here.  I gotta show you something...."  Andrew got free of his mother's grip before following his dad into the room, looking at a set of dark armor.  The gauntlets had two spikes coming out of the forearm and each finger ended in a metal claw.  The boots were opened in between, seemingly meant to be put on by stepping in and bringing the front together.  A mask sat underneath the hood vaguely shaped like a skull or an owl's face.

     "What is this?"  Andrew asked, stepping up to the armor.  He couldn't help but notice how it looked like it would fit him almost perfectly.  

     "A set of armor Ozpin gave me," he was answered.  "There should be two sawed-off shotguns at the sides under that coat, I think...."  There were.  "I've leave you to get in it...."  His dad left and went back to Andrew's mother.

     Andrew came out a few moments later, the mask in his hand and his hood down.  His dad looked proud as did his mother but she was still tearful.

     "There's no need to cry," Andrew said, putting his hands lightly on his mother's shoulders.  "I promise I'll keep you updated as much as possible...."  She nodded and pulled him down to kiss his forehead.  Andrew walked to the door and pushed it open.  "You can have your weapons back, by the way.  There back in that room."  

     "I hope you find what you're looking for," his dad said.  Andrew put on the mask and looked at them both.

     "I intend to," he answered, his voice turned deep and rasping.  "Wish me luck...."  He left, the coat swishing as he walked away, awaiting what lies ahead of him.  "Alright Ozpin...it's time to tell me everything...."