Leah and Isabel

I stepped off the ship with Destiny and walked towards Beacon's main hall with her.  The blonde guy we'd seen earlier threw up in another trash can, but I walked passed him.  I had an orientation to attend. 
     There was a sneeze, a loud explosion, and when I turned around there was a crater and a short girl in a red hood lying on the ground.
     "Who's that?"  Destiny asked.  I shrugged.  Personally I didn't care, so she was probably just some student.
     "Some kid," I replied, looking towards the academy.  "Let's get going, we don't want to be late...."  The main hall was massive and had already filled with students from all over Remnant, not just vale.  I also noticed a few faunus...I don't have a problem with that but some other people might.
     "Greetings."  A tall man with white hair, glasses perched on his nose a cup of coffee in one hand and a cane in another had taken the stage.  "I would like to welcome all of you to Beacon Academy.  I, if didn't already know, am Professor Ozpin, headmaster of Beacon."  I lost interest in his speech when he went on about why we're here and let my eyes wander. 
     The girl with the red hood was standing next to a blonde girl with...uh...never mind.  They seemed to be close, but I can't tell if they're just good friends or sisters.  Hmm...why do I care?  Another with icy white hair and a rapier at her side was a few feet from them and did not look happy.  Someone with my personality...staying away from them.  My gaze fell and a few more uninteresting characters until I noticed that I was being checked out by someone. 
     Another blonde girl, a little shorter than I was and standing next to a black-haired girl, was looking over at me.  I locked eyes with her and she tapped her friend, who was just a hair taller, on the shoulder and pointed towards me.  I couldn't make out what they were saying, but Ozpin had finished his little welcoming speech. 
     "What'ya looking at?" Destiny asked.  I pointed to the girls who were looking at me.  "Weird.  What do you think they're thinking?" 
     "No idea," I admitted.  Normally I can read people like an open book, but those two were tricky.  "Excuse me, I have to talk to the Headmaster.  Get me a good spot on the floor if you can, thanks."  I left her, making my way through the crowd to catch Ozpin and the lady who was with him.  "Excuse me, Headmaster?"
     "Yes?"  Ozpin said, stopping to face me.  He took a drink from his cup. 
     "I was wondering if I could ask you something,"  I told him.  "About our teams...."  He raised an eyebrow.
     "Are you wondering how they'll be determined?"  He inquired.  "That'll be for tomorrow...."
     "No it's not that,"  I said.  "If I get the consent of my fellow members...can I choose a name for us?"  His eyebrow moved a little farther up his forehead.  "I'm sorry, it was a stupid question.  I'll just go now...."  I waited for him to say something but instead he turned to the woman.
     "What do you think, Glynda?"  He asked.  Glynda looked at me with piercing eyes before looking back at Ozpin.
     "It's irregular," she said, "but if his teammates agree then I see no reason why he can't."  I stared at them in shock.
     "Really?"  I asked.  Ozpin smiled and nodded, taking another sip of his coffee.  "Thank you so much, Professor!  Thanks you, thank you, thank you...."  I realized how much of a fool I was making of myself, cleared my throat, stood up straight, put on a serious expression, and bowed.  "Thank you, Headmaster."  Ozpin chuckled and put a hand on my shoulder.
     "Don't think that you have to always be so serious all the time,"  He said.  "The role of a child is not one that you'll have forever...."  With that he walked off back to his office and I followed the others to our one-night "dorm."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~(about three hours later)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     I changed into my black silk pajamas and layed back on my sleeping bag.  Almost everyone else was still awake, talking or doing something else.  I was just staring at the ceiling...think about tomorrow.
     "Hey," Destiny said, putting her sleeping bag near mine, and sitting down. 
     "Hey," I replied.
     "What did you have to talk to Ozpin for?"  I looked at her before returning my gaze to the ceiling.
     "Would you ever consider having me as a team member?" I asked her.  She was silent for a moment.
     "I haven't seen you fight but you look like you could hold your own," she replied.  "Why?"  I sat up and brought my left knee to my chest.
     "It's just that, I have a team name that I'd like to have," I admitted.  "With you, unless we find some with a name starting with D or R, our name's gonna be a little ridiculous."  I paused to allow her to speak, but she didn't so I went on.  "I was thinking about Nightwatch.  Sounds kinda cool, mysterious and intimidating doesn't it?"
     "It kinda does actually."  That blonde girl from before and her black-haired friend had come over with their sleeping bags.  "Mind if we join you?"  I was still recovering from my shock, but I gestured for them to sit.  "So what's this about Team Nightwatch?"
     "Excuse me," I interrupted.  "I don't want to seem rude but who are you, and why we're staring at me earlier?"  She smiled at me and my mind slowed for a moment.  She's got a really cute smile, and her hair....  I mentally shook myself.  Focus Andrew, focus.
     "You just looked interesting," she said.  "Sorry if we made you uncomfortable.  Isabel and I were just thinking that you two could be good teammates.  I'm Leah by the way."  I looked at her friend, Isabel I think she said, who met my gaze.  I'm not used to people looking me in the eye. 
     "I'm Andrew,"  I said.  "And I'm not known for being a pushover.  I may not look, or be strong, but I am one of the greatest fighters where I'm from.  They would always say that I was geared to the geared-to-the-nines."  Leah looked at me with wonder but Isabel and Destiny just looked unimpressed.  "It's true, and I'll prove it."  I reached into my bag and started pulling out my weapons. 
     "Two hidden blades, complete with hook blades and hidden guns."  I set the gauntlets down.  "Bastard sword, complete with a high powered rifle down the middle."  I set the knife-looking weapon down.  "Scythe, six and a half foot shaft, four foot blade.  My favorite in my arsenal."  I set the compact weapon down with the others.  "Nine weapons in all...I'm prepared for almost anything."
     "Almost?"  Destiny asked.  I rubbed the back of my head, and put everything away. 
     "Well...," I said.  "There was this one girl...she had two longswords and she kicked my sorry butt."  They all looked at me for a moment, then they started to laugh.  "What's so funny?  I was floored by a flaming and freezing blade at the same time!"  They just kept laughing.  I sighed.  "So you all think the name Team Nightwatch is cool?"
     Isabel stopped laughing to answer me.
     "Yeah," she said.  "It's a really good name.  Where'd you get it from?"  I looked away. 
     "I, uh," I stammered.  "I...um...I write in my spare time.  Fantasy, general fiction...fan fiction.  I'm actually a pretty decent author, but Nightwatch is the name that one of my main characters goes by."  Destiny looked at me before looking at Leah and Isabel.
     "So we're a team then?"  She asked.
     "Of course," Isabel replied.
     "I wouldn't think of doing anything else," Leah answered.  They looked at me and I just smirked.
     "I hope you know what you're all getting into.  This'll be a wild ride...."