Ozpin's Advice

Destiny    

     Ruby had run after Weiss, seeming to want to see what was wrong and apologise, but I felt that it wasn't going to end well.  Weiss was from a rich family so she was used to getting what she wanted, such as being team leader, but now was denied. 
     "I feel kinda sorry for them," Leah said.  "It's not even the first day and already they're fighting with each other."
     "It's not becoming," Andrew admitted.  "A team has to be united under more than just a name.  That's what my dad told me anyways...."  We all looked at him as he stood up straight and put his hands behind his back, his satchel at his left hip.
     "Your dad thought you'd be a leader?"  Isabel asked.  "It seems like he told you that because he knew it would happen...."  A sly grin stretched across his face.
     "Didn't your families tell you something similar?"  He asked.  "My dad was the leader of Team TLOS (Talos), so I bet he'd be surprised if I wasn't leader of my own team."  An amusing thought seemed to strike him because he chuckled.  "What do you think he'd say about the name?"
     "What indeed?"  We all turned to see Ozpin casually walking towards us, his mug in one hand and cane in the other.  He had a smile on his face as Andrew stood up straight.
     "Hello Headmaster," he said.  "What do we owe the pleasure?"  Ozpin stopped and looked down at him.  Now that I saw them close to each other, I realized that Andrew and Ozpin were almost the same height.
     "Is it odd that I walk around my school?"  Ozpin asked.  "I only said anything because I overheard you talking about Timothy."
     "Timothy?"  Leah inquired. 
     "His father," Ozpin answered.  "Tim always had a knack for getting into trouble."  He pushed his glasses up his nose.  "A talent, I hear, that you have inherited."  Andrew shrugged.
     "I try to stay out of it," he replied.  "It just looks so...enticing."  Ozpin chuckled and took a sip from his mug.
     "That's the same excuse he used to give us,"  He chuckled.  "Why, I remember one time when he led us into a den of Beowolves, saying that he'd seen someone...."
     "What do you mean 'led us'?"  Isabel asked. 
     "I was on his team," Ozpin replied.  Andrew's mouth fell open and his eyes grew wide.  "Your father was a good leader and is a good man.  I, myself, had wished to be team leader, but the moment I caught his eye in the Emerald Forest, and saw him break an Ursa's neck with his bare hands...."  He took another sip.  "I knew that he would be better suited than me."  He looked at Andrew with those piercing eyes.  "Do you know why I made you team leader?"
     "No," he admitted.  "I'd hoped that you would, but if you said no I would've respected it."  I looked at Andrew in surprise.  How could he have thought that he wouldn't be leader?  Sure he didn't look strong, and maybe he was a little strange and awkward, but his mind works in ways that I never would've thought possible.  He was crazy, yeah, but it worked for him.
     "I did it for two reasons,"  Ozpin stated, leaning in closer to look Andrew level in the eyes.  "The first is because I felt something inside of you.  A desire to see others realize their full potential and also to command.  I sense that you are no stranger to positions of power, Andrew."  All Andrew did was shrug.  "I also noticed that you're...different from others.  You look at problems from a different angle that even I have never thought of. 
     "You're an interesting case, my boy.  I wished you to expand yourself in every aspect, and to find your true self."
     "Sir?"  Andrew asked, confused.  Ozpin stood up straight and patted Andrew on the shoulder.
     "Just let me give you one piece of advice," he said.  "Don't dwell too much on the past, if at all.  Any of you...."  With that he walked off, calmly as he had been when he found us.  I had a feeling that his 'advice' was directed more to Andrew specifically, and that he meant something more. 
     "Andrew?"  Leah asked, putting a hand on his shoulder.  He jerked a little and turned to face her. 
     "Huh?"  He said, startled.  "Sorry, just...thinking.  Come on or we be late for Oobleck's."