Day One

I sat up in my bed as the first rays of Sunlight broke through our curtains.  First day of being part of a team of...all girls.  This is definitely going to be interesting.  I climbed down from my "bunk", got my clothes, showered, and changed.  Walking out of the bathroom, I leaned against the wall and took a deep breath.
     "Wake up, ladies!"  I said, watching as they scrambled out of their covers.  "We've got about two hours for you to get ready, go to eat breakfast, and get to class early."  Isabel threw her pillow at me and climbed down.  "You may not like it, but we do have school still."
     Within the next half hour, they all got showered, dressed in their uniforms and we made our way down to the cafeteria.  From what we heard, teams RWBY and JNPR were still asleep. 
     "Should we get them up?"  Leah asked.  I looked at her and saw that she was serious.  "I mean...they'd have longer to get ready."
     "They'll get up in a little while," Destiny told her.  "They've got Ren, Nora, and Ruby to get them up.  Come on, I'm hungry."  She led the way down the the cafeteria, and we got our food and took a seat. 
     "So at e ot urst?" Isabel asked through a mouthful of egg.  She swallowed when I cocked an eyebrow.  "Sorry, what do we have first?"  I pulled my schedule out. 
     "If we head to Professor Port's room now we can get seats in the back," I said, taking a sip of my tea.  "You all done?"  Leah quickly finished her toast and Isabel ate one last sausage before nodding.  "Let's go."  We made it out of the cafeteria before I remembered exactly how far away Professor Port's, and everyone else's, classroom was.  "How about I get us there a little faster?"
     "Do you think we're going to fly?"  Leah asked.  Isabel immediately grabbed her stomach, and Destiny scratched the back of her head.  "I don't think that's a good idea...."
     "Just grab hands,"  I said, extending my own.  They did as I said, and I looked at them all.  "I've never done it with this many people, but let's give it a shot."
     "Wait, what?"  Destiny asked, sounding uneasy.  I closed my eyes and used my power over space to teleport us to class.  Sadly it was right around Professor Port.
     "My word!"  He exclaimed, almost spilling his coffee on me.  "You're going to give me a heart attack, just showing up like that...."  We dropped hands and moved aside to let him walk to his desk.  "Which one of you has that semblance, might I ask?"
     "That'd be me,"  I raised my hand.  "It's not actually teleporting so much as bending space and time.  I've got a whole other arsenal of powers, but I'd rather not go into my world-ending capabilities...Professor."  He tweaked his mustache and scrutinized me...at least I think he was.  I can't see his eyes.
     "Curious," he muttered.  "Very curious...I wonder...."
     "Professor?"  Leah asked.  "What's curious about that?"  Port looked surprised under his hair, but quickly recovered. 
     "It's nothing," he said.  "Please take your seats and wait for everyone else."  I led the way to one of the higher rows, took out my notebook and textbook, but something else was on my mind.  What had Port been about to say?  Is it something about my semblance?
     "Are you alright?"  Destiny asked.  "You look a little strange...." 
     "You do look a little odd,"  Isabel said. 
     "I'm fine guys,"  I lied.  "Just...thinking about what are we're going to do later.  I'm thinking that we play some cards or something...."  I have no idea if they've known me long enough to notice when I'm lying, but Leah seemed to think something was up.  She let it go as everyone filed in and class began.
     Teams RWBY and JNPR ran in just in time before the bell rang and took seats close to the front. 
     "I'm not done talking to you," Leah whispered, copying notes from the board on various Grimm.  "We'll talk later."  I decided not to argue and finished my own notes, ending with the Boarbatusk.  I kicked my feet up as Professor Port launched into a story about how he was when he was young, and I immediately lost interest.  Evidently Ruby felt the same.
     She'd drawn a crude cartoon of Port which was kinda funny, balanced a pencil on her finger and a book on that whilst cross-eyed which was pretty cool, but Weiss looked annoyed at her team leader.  It was when Ruby started picking her nose that Weiss seemed to have had enough.
     "Who thinks that they can answer this?"  Port asked.  I had no idea what he was talking about, but it didn't matter.  Weiss had jumped out of her seat and volunteered.  "Very well, Ms. Schnee.  Come down here and draw your weapon."
     I leaned forward as she went down, and I noticed a door built into the wall.  This was getting interesting.  Weiss drew her rapier and took a proper fencing stance (well done Schnee) and faced the door.  Professor Port flipped a switch and something black, red, and white came barreling out.  Weiss rolled out of the way as the Boarbatusk raced past her.
     "You can do it Weiss!"  Yang cheered.
     "Go Weiss," Blake said, waving a RWBY flag.  Where'd she get that?  It's been, like, a day since our teams were chosen.  The Grimm curled into a ball and rolled at Weiss, who brought up her sword to defend against the sharp tusks.  She lunged at the beast, but her little taps only tickled the monster.
     "Go for its belly!"  Ruby cried.
     "I know!"  Weiss yelled back.  She missed a step and caught her sword on the Grimm's tusks.  With a squeal, it rips the sword from Weiss's hands and bore down on her.
     "Come on," I muttered.  "Just get your rapier...."  I warped the space around the Grimm (only enough for me to notice, and gave her time to defend herself.  I put a dent in the floor and watched as the Boarbatusk ran, hit my booby trap, fall, and land on its back.  Weiss seized the opportunity to finish the beast off.
     "Well done, Ms. Schnee," Professor Port said, tweaking his mustache.  The bell rang and we got up to leave, Weiss storming out of the room, freezing the doorway as she left.