The Initiation (Part 2)

(Andrew)

     "So where'd you learn to shoot?"  Leah brushed her hands on the holsters at her waist.
     "Well," she said.  "I thought that I should have some ranged power.  My semblance doesn't give me any so I tried them out."  I shrugged.  I suppose that was obvious....
     "What is your semblance anyway?"
     "I can create these glyphs that do different things...what about yours?"  I chuckled and looked off into the distance.
      "I have control of some aspects of the universe," I told her.  "Earth, fire, water, air, light, dark, space, and time.  They're really destructive to the fabric of reality, so I try not to use them too much."
      "So what exactly can you do?"  She asked.
     "Fly, breathe under water, teleport, bend light, create a dark field, slow time, stop it maybe if I can find out how.  The elements bend to my will, and even give me energy weapons."  I kept walking and we fell into an awkward silence.  "Nothing huge really...except the power to see weak or kill spots." 
     A scream broke our silence, and she drew a long flachion and I pulled out Nightblade.  I looked her weapon out of the corner of my eye.  "Big blade for such a small girl...."
     "Says the bean-pole with a bastard sword."  She had a point.  "Come on.  It's coming from that direction."  I raced off with Leah hot my heels.  "Geez, your quick."
     "I thought we were in a hurry,"  I said, turning to run backwards.  "I've also just got a huge stride, so really it's not that I'm fast...I'm just really tall."  She laughed and I turned back around. 

(No one)

     The Death Stalker crashed through the trees after Isabel and Destiny, intent upon killing them.  Isabel was leaping in and out of the scorpion Grimm's reach with her semblance, creating shadows to take the hit. 
     "How can it still be alive?"  Destiny roared, turning to fire a few shots from her hidden guns before racing off.
     "Beats me," Isabel called back, freezing the ground behind her with dust.  "Death Stalkers usually aren't this bad!"  There was a loud thud as the giant scorpion tripped on Isabel's ice and struggled to stand.  Destiny pulled out her katana but Isabel gestured not to attack.  "We can't take this thing on our own, we have to keep going.  If it follows us then we can all take it down."  Destiny looked impressed and nodded.  She looked back at the Grimm, still struggling to stand, and ran away. 
     After another few minutes of running, they found ourselves at a cliff and saw other people.  Andrew and Leah can rolling out of the trees but they looked alright.
The two pairs caught sight of each other, smiled, and started walking towards each other.

(Leah)

     "Get lost on the way here?"  Destiny jeered.  Andrew put Nightblade over his shoulder, and smirked. 
     "How dare you," he joked.  "How could you have so little faith in me?"  He turned at the sound of rustling leaves and Jaune came out with a girl in Roman gladiator-like clothes and a shield on her back.  Andrew's jaw dropped as they walked by and I heard him mutter "How is that even possible?"
     "Is that...?"  Isabel started. 
     "It can't be," Destiny said.
     "It is," Andrew told them.  I was confused as why they were so astounded.  It was just Jaune and someone else.  "I didn't think that she'd be here...."
     "Who?"  I asked.  Andrew jumped back as if he'd just noticed me standing beside.  "Sorry, but I don't see what's so important here."
     "You don't know who that girl is?"  He asked.  I shook my head and put my hair behind my ear.  "That's Pyrrha Nikos, the world famous fighter....  She's here at Beacon...."  Now my jaw fell.  I've never seen her fight but I know that she's a great fighter, almost impossible to beat. 
     "What's she doing here?"  I asked.  They just shrugged.
     "Probably the same reason reason we are,"  Isabel supplied.  Our questioning was disrupted as a Nevermore flew overhead, screeching and circling.  Trees fell as a Death Stalker came scuttling in, raising its claws.
     "Damn," Destiny muttered.  "I thought the ice would've kept it busy...."  Isabel gulped and nodded.  I didn't know what they were talking about, but heard Andrew yell to the others.
     "Everyone, get to ruins!"  He roared.  "We'll buy you some time!  GO!"  He raised Nightblade and started firing round after round into the scorpion exoskeleton.  It seemed more annoyed than hurt and raised its tail to attack him.  "Oh...mother of Grimm...."  He rolled away just as the stinger crashed into the ground, but that's when it happened. 
     He got into a crouch just before the Death Stalker slammed him with a claw, throwing him a few yards away and sending Nightblade down the ravine.  "No!"  He looked the Grimm and I swear I saw a flash of red in his eyes.  "You can throw me away.  You can break any of my bones, but let me make one thing clear.  Nobody...but nobody, messes with my sword!"  His arms sparked with lightning and a small cyclone lifted him into the air.  He reached behind his back and pulled out his scythe. "How about this!?" 
     He ran his hands forward and, yelling in something I couldn't understand, let the lightning arc from his hands to the weapon which he brought down on its head.  It roared and we took the initiative to attack.  I used a glyph to keep the thing in place, while Destiny unloaded with a set of hidden guns and Isabel used the different types of Dust in her rapier.  It screeched and collapsed with a loud thud.  Andrew lowered himself to the ground, and looked over the side of the cliff.
     "I'm sorry about the sword," I said.  "I really am...."
     "It's fine," he said.  "Let's help the others." 

(Andrew)

     I shrugged off losing Nightblade like it was nothing, but it really took a tole on me.  I've had that bastard sword for about three years, and now its at the bottom of a ravine.  At least I still had Shadow Strike.... 
     "Andrew!"  Pyrrha shouted.  I looked over the smashed bridge to see everyone else over there, fighting the Nevermore.  They all looked in trouble and I looked at the others. 
     "How do you all feel about flying?"  I asked.
     "What do you mean?"  Isabel asked.  To answer her I caused a strong wind to lift us into the air and over to the other side. 
     "That's what I meant," I said, pointing at the Nevermore.  "Now let's see...."  A bolt of fire flew from my finger and hit the giant raven on its under belly, but it continued to fly.  "How long have you been fighting this thing?"
     "Since we left you all," a boy in green supplied.  "It's tough."
     "So I noticed...," I muttered.  A ginger girl jumped into the air and slammed the Nevermore with a massive hammer, sending it crashing into the mountain side.  A girl in ice-blue and white clothing ran glyphs up the mountain while another girl in red started to run along them.  The Nevermore began to get up but I raised my hand.  "Oh, no you don't!"  Air solidified around it and pinned the Grimm in place as the girl hooked her scythe blade under its neck and ran up.  At the top we all heard a sequencing noise as the beasts head came crashing down after its body.
     "Nice job, Ruby," a blonde girl said.  I'd seen her at the orientation with, Ruby I think she said that girl was.  "How about that Weiss?"  The ice-blue girl just crossed her arms. 
     "She's still childish Yang," Weiss replied. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~(Time skip)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     We all made our way to the artifacts to find chess pieces.  I looked at Isabel before picking up the black bishop.  Everyone else chose their pieces and we started our way back to the castle.  As of today me, Leah, Destiny, and Isabel are a team.