A Gift from a Friend

(Andrew)

     "Does it surprise you at all about her though?"  I asked the girls.  "I mean...that bow in her hair, her eyes when they dilate.  I'm really surprised that they never noticed."
     "It is kinda strange," Destiny said.  "Although, Blake does hide her ears pretty well."
     "Kind of makes you wonder why Andrew's interested in her," Isabel asked, slyly.  I looked at her and cocked an eyebrow. 
     "And what is that supposed to mean?"  I asked her.  I stopped to look at her as she smiled.  "What's wrong with me liking a faunus?" 
     "Well," she said, slyly.  "You know what I could say that you like...."  I rolled my eyes and playfully pushed her away.  "You know it's true...."
     "Shut up," I grinned.  "She's may be a cat, but she's still very attractive." 
     "Andrew's in love,"  Leah cooed, putting on a dramatic voice.  "His every waking moment is spent dreaming of his faunus girl.  How happy they'll be together." 
     "He probably has a momento of her somewhere," Destiny joined in.  "Maybe a lock of hair?  Her favorite book?  A little shrine maybe?" 
     "Why am I the only one to suffer?"  I joked, putting her into a loose head-lock and giving her a nugee.  She squirmed out of my grip and we started laughing before someone spoke from behind us.
     "Excuse me."  I stopped laughing and turned to see Pyrrha, a smile on her face and her hands behind her back.
     "Oh, hey Pyrrha," I said.  "What's up?"  She seemed to have something behind her back.  "Do you have something for us?"  She shook her head.
     "Just for you," she replied.  I felt heat rise to my cheeks.  I know that she probably doesn't feel anything, not to mention she's way out of my league, but it's still embarrassing.
     "So...," I prompted.  "What is it?"  She pulled the small object from behind her back, and clicked the button on the hand-and-a-half hilt.  A four foot long blade grew from the hilt with a rifle barrel down the blood channel.  I walked over and looked at the hilt, seeing my personal insignia engraved in the metal.  "Pyrrha...I don't know what to say...."
     She flipped Nightblade over and offered me the hilt.
     "Just a thank you," she said, still smiling.  "I went back a few days ago and got it from the gorge.  You just seemed too fond of it to leave it there...."  I took the bastard sword and put it away before turning back to her.
     "Thank you," I said.  "You really didn't have to.  I was going to fly down there this week end and get it...."  She raised a hand and I took it and shook.
     "Don't think about it," she told me.  "Just a favor for a friend."  She slipped her hand out of mine and she walked back her team.  I didn't realize I was staring until Leah flicked my coat over my head.
     "Hey," I exclaimed, untangling myself.  "What was that for?"  They all had the same look on their faces, and it stirred a little unease in me.  "What?"
     "Stop it," Isabel said.
     "Stop what?" I inquired, confused.
     "That," Leah said, nodded at Pyrrha's retreating figure.  I honestly had no idea what they were talking about.  "Stop being such a girl magnet."  My jaw fell open in surprise.
     "Really?"  I asked.  "Me, a girl magnet?  There must've been something in your food...." 
     "Oh, come on Andrew," Destiny started.  "You can't deny that a lot of girls think you're cute."  I raised my eyebrow at them. 
     "Oh, really," I began.  "Well...how would know?  Unless you all have fallen for me...."  Leah and Isabel turned identical shades of pink, but Destiny just rolled her eyes.
     "You wish," she muttered.  "No offense but I wouldn't date you under any circumstances.  You could the King of Vale and I still wouldn't care."  I smiled and cracked my knuckles.
     "Come on," I ordered.  "We've got training to do."