15 {hide from awsten} 15

Geoff

"Geoff!" I jumped and my eyes went wide. I turned around and in front of me was a small girl. She was very close to me and looking up. "Hi." I backed up a little bit. 

"Hi! I exclaimed. I hid my scaredness behind a smile. "Want me to sign anything?" The girl nodded really fast and pulled her backpack off one shoulder.

I took a sharpie from my back pocket. As I turned to grab the sharpie, my eyes locked with Ariel's pain filled ones. I gave her a sympathetic look and turned back around to the girl. "Whats your name?" I asked as i held the back of the bag and started to write my name on it. I drew a little smiley face.

"Its Ryland." She said. After I finished writing, i let go of the bag and put the marker back in my pocket. I handed her a few stickers and she walked off.

I looked around to see where the guys were and they seemed to be somewhere else. So i walked up to Ariel. 

"Hi." I said, sitting down in front of Ariel. She sat in a folding chair, legs crossed and hands in her lap. 

"Uh, Geoff. You shouldnt really be near me." She said worriedly. 

"its okay. hes not here." I said. "Are you hungry?" 

She nodded her head and looked down to the floor. I stood up and grabbed her hand, lifting her up.  I dragged her by the arm, gently, to catering on the complete other side of the venue. We ducked behind trees, stood in crowds, and basically did everything else we could to make sure we didnt get caught by Awsten or the other two.

We finally made it to catering and just as we walked under the tent, I saw that familiar faded ocean blue hair. "Crap, crap, crap, crap." I said, panicking. I let go of Ariel and pushed her forward. I ran under a table just as Awsten turned around. "Oh hey Ariel! What are you doing here?" I heard off in the distance. 

Ariel just scratched her arm and walked closer to Awsten. "Oh, uh. I was hungry?" she said in a questioning tone. She turned around and spotted me. Her eyes went wide as if she was yelling at me.

"Here. You can have some of my food." he said. I froze as I saw his legs disappear. His feet were the only things visible. Thats when I realized that he was sitting down at the table I was under. I moved to the opposite side from where Awsten was sitting at the round table. Ariel sat down in the chair that i was next to. 

She accidentally kicked me as she sat down and that caused me to jump. I hit my head on the table and froze again, hoping Awsten wouldnt look under. "What was that?" He asked. 

You could hear the panic in Ariel's voice. "Um. I hit my knee on the table, thats all." Wow, what a great friend. 

"Oh, okay. Well, hurry up and eat because we have to be on the way back to the bus in a few minutes. Its getting really dark and we need to be heading off to the next venue." I could just hear the smile in his voice as he spoke. I decided it would be best to run off now before Awsten gets to the tent.

I slowly started to crawl by Awsten's chair and thankfully, i didnt take his attention away from Ariel. Once i got out from under the tent, I stood up and started to sprint in the direction of the waterparks tent. 

They werent there. Thank God. I sat down on the chair Ariel was sitting in earlier and put my hand on my chest. I hunched over and tried to catch my breath.

"Where were you?" I flinched and looked up. Jawn stood in front of me with his hands on his hips. "Huh?" He said, sassily.

"Oh, i uh. I went to catering." I said. His eyebrows furrowed down towards the bridge of his nose and stepped closer.