26{just wait a bit}26

Ariel

Geoff and I walked for, God knows how long in the hot, Florida weather. We stopped at a gas station about thirty minutes ago and now we are walking around the city of Tampa. We are looking for a cheap, but nice motel. 

There were lots of people walking and talking. It's weird because its 10:30 at night. Wouldn't you think everyone would be at home sleeping? 

I spent most of the time coming up with reasons why these people are all walking around late at night and I didn't even realize Geoff stopped. He gripped tighter to my hand as people walked past us. 

I looked up to see a sign that read 'Quality Inn' in big, gold letters. 

"Geoff, I though we were going to a motel not a hotel." I stated, confused. He nodded. 

"Yeah, but how many motels have we seen tonight....." he paused and waited for an answer. "exactly. so we are staying here for the night."

He let a few more people walk by before he tugged on my hand and pulled my through the doors. It was really nice on the inside. It was very modern and pretty.  Some poppy music was playing softly in the background. 

Geoff pulled me over to the counter. "Hi, how are you tonight?" The man behind the counter asked.

"Good, thank you. Um, do you have any rooms open for one night? We will be leaving early in the morning." Geoff asked. The man looked at his computer and scrolled for a few seconds.

"Ah, yes. We have a room that's already set up. I will get you two going for tonight. Your names?" He pulled out a piece of paper and grabbed a pencil. 

"Geoff Wigington and Ariel Knight. G-e-o-f-f W-i-g-i-n-g-t-o-n." Geoff spelled out slowly as the man scrawled the letters down in decent handwriting. 

"Alright, here is your room key. Your room is on the first floor, room 1648. Have a nice night." Geoff gave a kind, heart warming smile to the man and pulled me in the direction of the room. 

We made it and he unlocked the door, letting me go in first. I set our bags of snacks and water down on the dresser and plopped down on the bed. 

"I'm sorry." I said, just above a whisper. My thumb flew up to my mouth and I started chewing on my nail.

Geoff stood in front of me and pulled my hand away from my face. "Ariel, I said it's alright. There's nothing you need to say sorry about." He pulled me up from the bed and stared into my eyes. 

He leaned down and placed his lips on mine. It felt good. I liked his lips. They were sweet. He always wore this strawberry lipbalm stuff. It made his lips soft and kissable. 

His hands made their way up to my face and cupped my cheeks. I snaked my arms around his neck. Geoff moved his hands from my face down to my hips. It startled me but I liked it. He pushed his hands up my shirt a little bit and stopped on my hipbone. His cold hands sent shivers up my spine.

I pulled away and looked into his pretty ocean blue eyes. "Your eyes are gorgeous." I pointed out. He grinned.

"Not as gorgeous as you." My cheeks heated up and I kissed him again. It was forceful, yet full of passion. He pushed me backwards onto the bed and climbed on top of me. 

We never parted from the kiss. Geoff straddled my waist and held himself up with his hands on either side of my head.  His soft, light brown hair hung down and swept across my face. 

I placed my hands on his chest and gripped at his shirt, pulling him farther down on top of me, if it was even possible. His lips curled into a smile against mine. But that smile faded once I pushed him up a bit. 

His lips detached from mine. His face was washed over with a sad expression. "We cant do this, Geoff." 

I looked up to his eyes, then down to his chest. He sat up on my hips, his legs still hanging down on the sides of my body.  

"But why?" His voice was soft. 

"Dad." 

"Who cares about him?" Geoff said, almost in a cocky tone.

I sighed. "I do. I don't wanna go behind his back. He already doesn't like you right now because of me. Let's just wait a little bit and see how his mood changes when we get off tour, okay?" I asked, hoping Geoff wont hate me. 

He didn't say anything. He crawled off of my body and curled up on the left side of the bed, his back facing me. 

I sighed again, my eyebrows furrowing a bit. I missed the touch of his lips already. It's like Zakk and his phone. He is depressed when his phone isn't in his hand.

I crawled up to the top of the bed and under the blankets. I closed my eyes.

"Does this mean I cant give you a kiss anymore?" Geoff asked. I felt the bed dip, go up then dip again as Geoff turned to face me. I opened my eyes and looked at his. 

I leaned in and pecked his lips one more time. The corners of his mouth rolled up into a smile. It was my favorite one. Out of all of his smiles, the one where he purses his lips is my favorite of all. 

"Go to sleep, you little worm you." I brought the blanket up to my chin and closed my eyes. 

Geoff snaked his hand into mine and I don't plan on letting it go at all tonight.