28{broken}28

Geoff

Today is the day we get to go home. Today is the day I get to eat normal food. Today is the day I get to sleep in my own, comfy bed. Today is the day all the headaches stop.

But today is the day the best two months of my life is ending. Today is the day I have to leave all my friends. Today is the day that I wont get to see all the fans and talk to the ones who makes us, us.

We play the last show of warped tour today. Well, I should say night because our set it at 6:15. Today is our hometown show. I'm super excited, yet super nervous. I don't know how many people that I know are going to be here. I don't know if anyone I go to school with is going to be here.

We did our meet and greet at 12:30. So far I haven't seen anyone I know, except for Awsten's mom and his sister, Gracie. It was Mrs. Knight and Gracie's first time meeting Ariel. They got along so well and it was great. Especially Gracie and Ariel. They haven't left each other's sides. It was also so cool to see all of the kids/adults that live in our hometown come to meet us and tell us that our music is actually good and that they have been with us since day one when we handed out our fliers to our first few shows.

Being there is a time gap between now and when we play, we are all just running around doing random shit. Right now, Otto and I are in the bus parking lot. I'm riding a skateboard, or at least attempting to, and Otto is on his unicycle.

Awsten and Jawn are trying to ball room dance to some song, I'm not sure the name of it, around Otto and I in a big circle. Ariel and Gracie are sitting and watching everything that's going on while Mrs. Knight is in the van, watching old reruns of cooking shows.

Otto hopped off of his unicycle and laid it down gently on the blacktop. "Geoff, lemme see that really quick?" He said as he pointed to the skateboard that I was holding by the trucks. I nodded and held it out to him.

He grabbed it carefully and placed it down, putting one foot on. He started to push with his other foot. Almost immediately after he takes off, he does a spinny jumpy trick and lands it perfectly.

My jaw dropped. "Dude! That was cool, how did you do that?" I asked, holding out 'dude' for a second. He skated back towards me.

"Iuhnno(a/n: thats like, i dont know, but said faster?????? wth is wrong with me) "its called a frontside 180." He said, doing it again.

"You should teach me." I said.

His eyes went wide and he cocked an eyebrow. "Uh, it's kinda hard. You might hurt yourself, seeing as the only thing you know how to do on a skateboard is sit and roll down a hill."

I rolled my eyes. "I don't care. Maybe I wanna break my skull open, did you think about that?" I said in a playfully sassy tone.

"Okay," he held out the 'ay' part. "Well, first you get on the board and flick it back like all the cool sk8r boiz do when they do an ollie," he said, getting back on the board. he put his right foot on the back part and flipped the front up. "then you slide your foot, and twist your shoulders. Twisting your shoulders will give you the momentum to turn. Then you do all of that fast and yeah." He explained. I was totally lost and he could tell. "Like this."

He did it again. I watched carefully. He flipped the front up, slid the side of his foot up the board and twisted himself. He did it fast and landed it perfectly. He did it a few more times and I finally caught on.

"Okay, I wanna try, I wanna try." I said, like a five year old. Otto took in a deep breath and handed me the wooden board with wheels.

I placed it down on the ground and stood on it. It rolled a bit and I flipped the board up so it would stop. I slid my foot and twisted and the board lifted up. I somewhat landed half on the board, half not.