Chapter 5: Misty Mountains Cold

(So since this was a short chapter, I decided to post it along with the previous one. Just to let you guys know, my writing on this story will be slow because I had to pack things up in my room. Including my movies with involved The Hobbit. Not only that I've got to focus on school work. Anyway, hope you guys enjoy the chapters! Love ya's! ~ Rhy)

    "I'll be alright. Just let me sit quietly for a moment," Bilbo says, gripping his cup of tea tightly

    Bilbo had woken up quite some time ago. Just sitting in his chair.

    "You've been sitting quietly for far too long," Gandalf says aggravated "Tell me, when did doilies and your mother's dishes become so important to you? I remember a young Hobbit who was always running off in search of Elves in the woods. Who would stay out late, come home after dark, trailing mud and twigs and fireflies. A young Hobbit who would have like nothing better than to find out what was beyond the borders of the Shire. The world is not in your books and maps. It's out there."

    "I can't just go running off into the blue," Bilbo states "I am a Baggins of Bag-end."

    "You are also a Took," Gandalf reminds Bilbo "Did you know that your great-great-great-great-uncle Bullroarer Took was so large, he could ride a real horse?"

    "Yes," Bilbo mumbles with a short nod

    "Yes, well, he could," Gandalf says "In the Battle of Green Fields, he charged the Goblin ranks. He swung his club so hard, it knocked the Goblin King's head clean off and it sailed 100 yards through the air and went down a rabbit hole. And thus, the battle was won. And the game of golf invented at the same time."

    "I do believe you made that up," Bilbo responded

    "Well, all good stories deserve embellishment," Gandalf says, sitting "You'll have a tale or two to tell of your own when you come back."

    "Can you promise that I will come back?" Bilbo asks "The both of us?"

    "No," Gandalf answers truthfully, glancing between you and Bilbo "And if you both do, neither you will be the same."

    "That's what I thought," Bilbo replies then stands "Sorry Gandalf, I can't sign this. And neither will you. You-You've got the wrong Hobbit."

    With that, Bilbo walks away. Gandalf, with a disappointed look on his face, turns to you.

    "He does know, he cannot protect you forever," Gandalf says

    "He knows," You reply with a nod "He just wants to do so for as long as he can."

    You sigh, looking over at the contract.

    "I would like to go," You say truthfully "I think it would be fun, seeing something different from the Shire."

    Gandalf chuckles lightly, getting the sparkle in his eyes.

    "My dear, if you only knew," He chuckles, putting his pipe into his mouth again

    At this point, you've decided not to question the Wizard since every time you have he's avoided the answer.

    Slowly the Dwarves entered the living room one by one. Gathering around the fire as they begin to hum in unison. Then Thorin begins to sing:

'Far over,

The misty mountains cold,

To dungeons deep,

And caverns old,

We must away,

'Ere break of day,

To find our long-forgotten gold,'

    You look around at everyone, all their faces straight with deep thought. The song continues as others join in:

'The pines were roaring,

On the height,

The winds were moaning,

In the night,

The fire was red,

It flaming spread,

The trees like torches,

Blazed with light'

    As the night grew later everyone went to bed one by one, including you. But as you slept a strange dream crossed your mind.

    You've had this dream many times before, but you've only ever gotten flashes. Constant screaming of various different voices, flames seeming to be three times the size of the pine trees in the Shire. Then the feeling of someone grabbing you, pulling you away from the chaos yet there's something telling you there's something, someone important back there. You let out a small shout waking yourself up from the dream. Quickly, you look around you to see if you've woken anyone else up. Just as you thought everything is alright, a quiet voice comes across from you.

    "Hey," Kili says just below a whisper "Everything alright?"

    "Yeah, just some silly nightmare," You answer at the same volume "Sorry if I woke you."

    "It's alright," Kili responds "Are you sure you do not want to come with us?"

    "I do, it's just," You say, looking over at Bilbo who's fast asleep wrapped up in a blanket "I'm all he's got."

    "You'll never leave this place with a mindset like that," Kili says

    You chew on your lip at this. There is no denying that Kili is right. There may never be a chance like this again. After contemplating for a few more moments, you nod.

    "I'll come," You say with a nod

    A big smile comes across Kili's face at your words. You couldn't help but smile back, thinking of the opportunities to come. This very well may be where you discover who or what you really are.