Chapter 47: A Feeling That Burns

The feeling of someone rapidly shaking your shoulder is what brings you back to consciousness.

    "(Y/N)," A voice says distantly "(Y/N), wake up. You must wake up or you'll die here."

    A groan of pain escapes your lips as the searing sensation in your side mixed with harsh cold awakens you further. Slowly, you open your (E/C) eyes to meet with crystal blue ones. Flowing stark blonde hair becoming familiar as your mind clears. Legolas was in front of you, looking around occasionally for any threat.

    "Come on," Legolas urges while helping you up gently "The fight continues whether or not you do."

    "What hit me?" You breathe, feeling your injured side only to be met with bandages

    "An arrow," Legolas answers "I removed it and dressed the wound. Luckily, they didn't douse that one you were hit with poison."

    "Luckily," You repeat with a short chuckle

    You then blink, remembering what you had done before you were struck down.

    "Fili," You say "Fili, where is he? Is he alive? Safe at least?"

    "He lives," Legolas answers "Hidden away where he will be able to heal. Come, you should be there as well until it is safe."

    "No," You say "I'm going to fight. I can move well enough to."

    "Very well," Legolas complies "I will hopefully see you at the end of all this."

    "You as well," You reply

    From there the two of you go in separate directions. You head further into the structure in look for Kili, fighting Orcs along the way and pushing aside the pain within your side.

    "Kili!" Tauriel's voice shouts in the distance "Kili!"

    "Tauriel?!" Kili's confused voice shouts back

    You follow the sound towards its source, quickening your pace at the new sound of growls and pained shouts. Turning the corner, you spot Tauriel fighting Blog, who is Azog's offspring. Soon he catches her in a strong grip, causing you to come forward and catch him off guard. But soon, he does the same to you before throwing you hard against a close by wall. Tauriel soon joining you the same way.

    "I will kill you first," Blog says in Orc tongue as he slowly approaches, pointing to Tauriel then to you "Then you while I make the young one watch."

    Then, seemingly out of nowhere, Kili jumps onto his back. The weapon in his hand being used as a bar around Blog's neck to hang onto before he is thrown off. Quickly, Kili returns to his feet with determination clear on his face. Blows are then exchanged between them both. Each avoiding being hit by the other. But that doesn't last for long, as Kili is soon caught in a position he can't get himself out of. Bent backward across Bolg's knee while being held down with one hand. Tauriel then tries to knock Bolg off guard, jumping up and pulling on the mace-like weapon. But the efforts do little to none effect as he simply tosses her away again. This time she nearly rolls off the edge of a drop-off. Then before you know it, the sharp end of the mace is stabbed through Kili's chest. All the blood draining from your face as his gasp of pain reaches your ears. You're unable to move at all from the shock. Slowly, Kili looks at you, a thousand unspoken words clearly being tried to be pushed out only to be replaced with gasps and a broken expression. Your face mirroring his own. Even more so as Bolg practically rips the weapon away and letting Kili fall to the ground. Your eyes never leave Kili's form as Bolg advances towards Tauriel. Even when the two shout and disappear from the area.

    Slowly, you get to your feet, barely even able to stand you stagger your way to Kili before dropping beside him. You then pull his upper body into your lap, gently pushing away the hair from his face. Heart sinking even more as more of the light of his eyes dim. Finally letting a tear roll down your cheek you crouch over as your forehead meets his.

    "No," You whisper "Come back to me. You hear? Kili? A-Amralime?"

    Fast footsteps of other Orcs can be heard approaching you. Their growls growing louder and louder only causes your anguish to turn to pure anger. As an Orc prepares to strike you, your arm suddenly rises and catches the blow as if it was a ball in a game of catch. A confused growl coming from the Orc before you slowly look at it.

    Your eyes had changed from a brilliant (E/C) to a fiery golden red. Your (S/T) complexion slowly becoming more tan to follow. Slowly you stand staring directly into the face of the Orc as it lets out a frustrated yell. But that doesn't last long as flames engulf its body. The tears that once went down your cheeks now dry but some still remain in your eyes. You then close them for a moment as to coax them to go away. Then your expression goes blank as a look of determination sets in your eyes. Your feet guiding you to your aim. To make sure Thorin survives this battle.