Chapter 46: A Land not Known

A bright white glow causes you to open your eyes. Upon doing so, you see a brightly lit garden. Like one of the many back in Rivendell, archways and sculpted statues placed along with flowers and brush. You soon find that you are laying in one of the grass patches. Your clothes somehow changed from the armor to a dress of similar style of Lady Galadriel. Slowly you begin to sit up, confused as to how or why you are in this place.

    "Hello, my dear child," Lady Galadriel speaks, causing your head to snap up to meet her eyes

    "Mother," You breathe before staggering up to your feet "Where am I? Why?"

    Her kind smile soon calms you as she extends a hand out to you as a sign to follow her. You follow her silent request and walk toward her.

    "All will be explained," She speaks "Come, walk with me."

    Soon, the pair of you are walking side by side through the garden. Many moments pass by before Lady Galadriel speaks again.

    "This is where I come when I have used a great amount of my powers," She says

    "Powers?" You repeat

    "Yes, magic," Lady Galadriel answers "Some of which has been passed down to you and grows stronger every time you use it."

    "What I did at Ravenhill," You say, looking at your hands "I didn't even know I could do that. It just happened."

    "That's from when your memories were returned to you," Lady Galadriel says "Not only were your own given to you, but I gave you some knowledge I thought would help you."

    You nod, understanding her short description.

    "And I am here because?" You ask, looking at her

    "Partly because the use of your magic is still new to you," Lady Galadriel says "It can take a toll on the body. So your subconscious sent your mind here."

    "And the other part?" You ask

    "You were injured greatly," She answers "With both of these events happening in such a short time, it will take time for you to heal."

    "But I don't have time," You reply, stopping "Mother if I don't return as soon as at all possible, I fear something will happen to those I care about. Da, Father, Fili, Kili, Thorin, they need me. I know it. Is there a way I can get back faster?"

    Lady Galadriel stops as well as you did, watching you as you frantically speak. Her smile never changing as she does.

    "Your drive to be where you want never dies, does it?" Lady Galadriel asks lovingly as she gently strokes your face

    You look at her pleadingly, silently begging her to help you. Soon her eyes meet yours again, a hint of sadness is hidden within her own. But you have no time to ask as she speaks again.

    "I will be able to help you, my dear one," Lady Galadriel says, causing you to relax slightly "But know that what I do will only heal and replenish that of your magic. I cannot predict what may happen with your physical state. That is what worries me."

    "I will be fine," You say "Trust me."

    A moment of silence passes while Lady Galadriel watches you.

    "Alright," She finally says "Just be safe."

    "I promise," You reply

    Lady Galadriel then brings her hand to your forehead before a glowing light begins to emit from it. As the light grows brighter, the last thing you see is her face before things once again return to black.