Chapter 15: Dinner and Music with Elves

(Next chapter will be out once Chapter 23 is written. Also, mind everyone, this scene is in the extended version of which I am working with and adding if it coordinates good with the story.)

    You sit at a table with everyone, Kili to your left, and Bofur to your right. As you sat there you noticed Bofur looking at Kili strangely. Curious as to why, you look at Kili also, only to find he's staring at something intently. You follow his gaze to an Elven maiden, who is playing the harp, staring back at him. You quirk an eyebrow slightly and look back to Kili, who then smirks and winks at the Elf then looks away. Through, when he looks across from him, Dwalin is glaring at him. The glare wipes the smirk off of Kili's face before he speaks.

    "I can't say I fancy Elf maids myself," Kili says, grabbing some food "Too thin. They're all high cheekbones and creamy skin. Not enough facial hair for me. Although that one there is not bad."

    At this, he looks at an Elf that had just walked behind him while playing the flute. You look at the Elf too, only to let out a snort of a laugh when you realize that is was definitely NOT a maiden. You then watch as Dwalin leans across the table to break the news to the lad.

    "That's not an Elf maid," Dwalin whispers then gives Kili a look

    Since everyone at the table had heard the conversation, they all laugh, enjoying Kili's embarrassment. You quietly joined in on their chuckles and started to eat the salad before you.

    As you look around the table, you smile lightly at the looks on the Dwarve's faces. The music seeming not as they are used to for some, and the food seemed all but foreign to others.

    "Change the tune, why don't you?" Nori says, turning to the Elf at the harp "I feel like I'm at a funeral."

    You roll your eyes lightly at his statement. The music was actually quite calming. Especially after the ordeal with the Trolls then the one with the Orcs right after.

    "Did somebody die?" Oin asks, obviously talking about the music also

    "All right lads. There's only one thing for it," Bofur says

    Suddenly, he stands, walking across the table not caring what he knocks over or steps on. He then steps up on the higher part and starts singing.

    "There's~~. An~~. Inn,

    There's an inn,

    There's a merry old inn,

    Beneath an old gray hill,"

    The song, seeming to be one everyone knew and had started to beat and sing along to it.

    "And there they brew a beer so brown,

    The Man in the Moon himself came down one night to drink his fill,"

    "Oh,

    The ostler has a tipsy cat,

    That played a five-stringed fiddle,

    And up and down he saws his bow,

    Now squeaking high~,

    Now purring low~,

    Now sawing in the middle,

    So,

    The cat on the fiddle,

    Played hey-diddle-diddle,

    A drink that'll wake the dead,

    He squeaked and he sawed,

    And he quickened the tune,

    And the landlord shook the Man in the Moon,

    'It's after three!' he said"

    All throughout the song, the Dwarves through various foods at each other and to Bofur. Not caring if they had missed or not.

    You shook your head with a smile on your lips at the men. You couldn't help but feel at home with them. Not home as in Hobbiton, but home as in where you belong. Hobbiton has always and will always be your home. Though, there you always knew you didn't truly belong. Not even acknowledging the fact you are physically different from others but, somewhere deep down. Deep down, something has been telling you that your true home is away from Hobbits.