Chapter 27: A Friendly Conversation

Hours have passed and you had fallen asleep. But you are woken up by voices. Voices that belong to Kili and the Elven woman. You decide to try to tune them out, hearing only bits and pieces. You then look to the front of the cell to see the blonde Elf from before. He's glaring at the two of them talking. You decide to walk forward and try to talk to him.

    You now notice the details of him. His skin like the Elven woman's, pale and fair. Eyes a brilliant blue, going well with his nearly white blonde hair. Which is quite long, long enough to reach his lower back. The top half of his hair tied back into a braid.

    "I get the feeling you don't like that either," You say motioning your head to where Kili is

    The Elf then snaps his head to you before looking back to the pair talking.

    "I do not need to speak how I feel to the likes of you Dwarf," The blonde spits out

    "True," You say, ignoring his comment "But I do know how you feel."

    "And how is that?" The blonde says, looking at you

    "The one she talks to," You say "Is the one I've grown fond of since I joined onto this journey."

    "Really?" The blonde asks in disbelief "That is what you find attractive?"

    A small laugh escapes your lips as he says this.

    "You seem to forget that everyone has different views of things," You say "And might I add, personally I do not see anything special about her."

    "She happens to be an excellent fighter, one of the best actually," The blonde says "And her name is Tauriel."

    "And yours?" You ask

    "Legolas," He answers hesitantly "Prince of these wood."

    "Hmm," You hum "I'm (Y/N), nice to meet you."

    You hold your hand out to shake his. Legolas looks at your hand before shaking it lightly. He then looks at you strangely.

    "You're not like the other Dwarven women," Legolas says "You seem to have no hair on your face. Much taller than I've seen them."

    "That is because I am only half Dwarf," You tell him "On my father's side. My mother is an Elf Enchantress."

    The smirk on your face grows at the sight of Legolas' reaction.

    "You're joking?" He asks as you shake your head

    "Not in the slightest," You say

    "Well," Legolas breathes "That was unexpected."

    Another small laugh escapes you, your smile then grows as Legolas smirks slightly. He then makes it go away quickly.

    "Don't try to hide your emotions, Prince," You say "Tis not healthy for one's mind."

    Legolas nods at your statement.

    "I must go away," Legolas says "My father would kill me if he caught me casually speaking to you in this way. Hopefully, we can speak again soon."

    "I'll be here," You say in a slightly joking manner

    Legolas smirks at your statement before walking away. Maybe you could find a way out by becoming great friends with the prince. Or, maybe not.