Chapter 17: A Request

(Next chapter will be released once Chapter 27 is written)

*the next night*

    In the past day you spent in Rivendell, you relaxed some. Well, you relaxed the best you could surrounded by the Dwarves. Not that you don't mind their rambunctious atmosphere, it's just nice to have some actual quiet time. But the two that wouldn't leave you alone the most are Fili and Kili. Seeming as you are around the same age as them you didn't feel left out or too young for the company of the Dwarves. The two of them would let you know what the jokes meant every time through-out the day.

    Then night has fallen, everyone grouped together in an unused hallway. Continuing to make jokes at each other, occasionally singing a song or two. They also made a fire out of a chair and had taken a pot from somewhere. You thought not to ask them seeming it may get you in trouble.

    You smile as the warmth of the fire washes over you while you sit to the right of Bofur. As perfect as Rivendell may seem, it does get awfully cold at night.

    With Bofur roasting a sausage over the fire, he brings it up to his nose and smells it. He then pulls it off the two-pronged fork with intent to eat it but his eyes land of Bombur. He, with a plate of food in his hands, is sitting on top of a table which seems to be barely holding his weight. Bofur then glances to the sausage then back to Bombur, a mischievous reaching his eye.

    "Bombur!" Bofur shouts, gaining the attention of the large Dwarf then tossing the sausage to him

    Bombur catches the sausage with only seconds to hear the creaking wood of the table beneath him before it collapses. This causes him to go flying onto his back and drop the plate of food. Upon it happening you burst into laughter with everyone, and try to keep Bofur upright from leaning on you in laughter. Though the laughter soon dies out as an Elven Maiden approaches the group and clears her throat.

    "Miss," She says, looking directly at you "Mister Gandalf has requested you join him in a discussion with Lord Elrond and others."

    At this, you blink in shock. Why you and not any of the others?

    "Uhm, may I ask why?" You ask

    "I do not know, I was only sent to bring you to him," She answers

    You bite the inside of your lip before standing and feeling all eyes on you.

    "Alright then," You say then clear your throat "Lead the way."

    You follow the Elven Maiden, stepping around or over the Dwarves. What could possibly be that you would be called for instead of Thorin? Or any of the others for that matter? Could this be what Gandalf meant about waiting patiently? If so, what could be lying ahead for you?