Chapter 18: A Discussion

(Next chapter will be released once Chapter 29 is written)

    As you walked up the stairs, the Elven Maiden finally speaks.

    "You're quite different from them," She says "The other Dwarves."

    "Excuse me?" You ask confused

    "You were raised by them were you not?" She asks, looking at you confused

    "No, I was raised by Bilbo, the Hobbit," You say

    "Oh, I just assumed since you are-," The Elven Maiden begins to say before she was interrupted

    "Ah, (Y/N)," Gandalf says with his gentle smile "Right on time."

    The area you walked to has a dome-like shape, with open areas and multiple pillars holding up the top of the structure.

    Along with Gandalf and Lord Elrond being there, there are two others. One is an Elven woman, dressed in a long elegant white dress with a blue shall. Her hair, blonde, long and slightly wavy. A silver headpiece coming to a point in the middle of her forehead. The other is a man, dressed in all white robes. His hair long, reaching past his shoulders. He has a long beard as well, which is white and grey. In his hand, he holds up a black staff with a circular white clouded gem at the top.

    "This is Lady Galadriel," Gandalf says, motioning to the woman "Also known as Lady of Lórien."

    The woman gives you a kind smile and a slight nod. You do so back and give a small bow as Bilbo has taught you to do so.

    "And this is Saruman the White," Gandalf says, now motioning to the man "I believe I have mentioned him before."

    When you look to him, his gaze crosses over you. The look in his eye all but welcoming. Despite that, you do the same that you had done towards Lady Galadriel. Once done, you turn towards Gandalf.

    "Gandalf, may I ask why you have asked me here?" You ask "And not any of the others?"

    "That is because my dear," Gandalf says, turning to you "You are going to soon find out the question you have been asking yourself your whole life. 'Who are you?' "

    "But first, let us focus on the term at hand," Saruman interrupts

    With a sigh, Gandalf goes and sits at the round marble table. Saruman sits directly across from him while Lord Elrond and Lady Galadriel stand on opposite sides. You decide to stand to the left of Gandalf, which is closest to Lady Galadriel. As Saruman begins to speak, Gandalf has his head in his hands but then looks at him.

    "Tell me, Gandalf," Saruman begins "Did you think these plans and schemes of yours would go unnoticed?"

    "Unnoticed?" Gandalf repeats "No. I'm simply doing what I feel to be right."

    "The Dragon has long been on your mind," Lady Galadriel says, looking at Gandalf

    "This is true, my lady," Gandalf says with a nod "Smaug owes allegiance to no one. But if he should side with the enemy, a dragon could be used to terrible effect."

    "What enemy?" Saruman asks "Gandalf, the enemy is defeated. Sauron is vanquished. He can never regain his full strength."

    "Does it not worry you that the last of the Dwarf rings should simply vanish along with its bearer?" Gandalf asks "Of the seven Dwarf-rings, four were consumed by dragons. Two were taken by Sauron before he fell in Mordor. The fate of the last Dwarf ring remains unknown. The ring that was worn by Thrain."