Chapter 14: Dinner Offering

Gandalf leads everyone into the beautiful city. You can't help but look around with wide eyes. Though, at the same time, you have a look of confusion on your face. As you draw nearer and nearer to the city, something seemed to have started calling you. No words were spoken aloud or within your mind, but something deep down urged you to walk faster and faster. Of course, you did not listen to not raise suspicions.

    But it's like your feet knew exactly where to take you. You would walk around certain things the others wouldn't. This would cause them to stumble a bit. How you knew that would happen you didn't know.

    As you enter the city you admire the detail of the statues and engravings of pillars. The look on your face causing Thorin and Dwalin to look at you strangely, but you couldn't care less of that.

    After a few minutes, a tall Elf with long dark brown hair approaches everyone.

    "Mithrandir," He says gaining everyone's attention

    "Ah," Gandalf sighs "Lindir."

    Once Gandalf approaches the Elf he begins to speak in a different. This one, you are able to understand a few words. 'Crossed' and 'Valley'.

    "I must speak with Lord Elrond," Gandalf says to the Elf

    "My Lord Elrond is not here," Lindir replies

    "Not here?" Gandalf repeats "Where is he?"

    Just as Gandalf asks the same horn from before is blown.

    Horses being rode by Elves can be seen running up. Before they can get any closer, you're pulled into the middle of a circle made by the Dwarves. They have their weapons ready in-case of someone being struck by any of the Elves.

    You watch as the Elves circle their horses around everyone like a shark with its prey. They soon come to a holt and your attention is turned to an Elf with long dark brown hair. The upper half pulled back and a crown like metal piece going across his forehead. He's wearing dark red armor.

    "Gandalf," He says

    "Lord Elrond," Gandalf replies with a smile

    Gandalf then bows his head then speaks in the different language. 'My friend!' is what he says. Your eyes then switch between to two as they speak. Words sounding familiar but you can't translate to what they mean.

    Elrond steps down from his horse and approaches Gandalf, hugging him. He then holds up an Orc sword.

    "Strange for Orcs to come so close to our borders," Lord Elrond says as he looks at the sword "Something or someone has drawn them near."

    "Ah. That may have been us," Gandalf says motioning to everyone

    You walk with everyone as they step toward the Elf.

    "Welcome, Thorin, son of Thrain," Lord Elrond says to Thorin

    "I do not believe we have met," Thorin replies

    "You have your grandfather's bearing," Lord Elrond says "I knew Thror when he ruled Under the Mountain."

    "Indeed?" Thorin asks "He made no mention of you."

    There is a brief moment of silence before Elrond begins to speak in the different language again. This time, towards Thorin and everyone else.

    "What is he saying?" Gloin says as Elrond finishes "Does he offer us insult?"

    Shouts from the Dwarves start but you soon silence them.

    "No, he said something about food," You blurt out, making yourself cringe

    All eyes turn to you as you say this. The Dwarves then look to Gandalf to see if what you're saying is true.

    "She's right," Gandalf says

    Happy grumbles then come from the Dwarves as they shuffle forward. Quickly forgetting that you somehow understood part of what Elrond said. Though when you looked up, Elrond still had his eyes on you. Even when he whispered something to Gandalf, they stayed. Only when a wide-eyed look comes across his face was when he looked away. Could he possibly know something about you that you don't?