Chapter 20: Escaping Goblintown

(Next chapter will be released once Chapter 33 is written)

    A couple of hours have passed since you discovered your parents are alive and well. In that time, you spent it talking with Lady Galadriel. Mostly hearing stories from before the tragic separation. Some of how Dwalin used to be smiley, not so much of a brute. You figured that the supposed death of you and your mother, along with the loss of his home had changed him.

    Sadly, Gandalf had to inform you it was time to leave soon. Once packed with your things and with tears in your eyes, you hugged Lady Galadriel.

    "This will not be the last encounter my child," Lady Galadriel says, hugging you back "That, I can promise you."

    Scared of losing your stature and trying not to cry, you simply nod then step away giving her a sad smile. Lady Galadriel returns the smile and kisses your forehead one last time, before disappearing into thin air.

    With a small sigh, you turn and face Gandalf and give him a smile.

    "Thank you, Gandalf," You say

    "What for, my dear?" Gandalf asks

    "Everything," You answer "You're the one that took me to Bilbo. The one that lead me into going on this adventure. The one that lead me straight back to where I belong. No words can describe how much this means to me. So thank you for everything."

    Gandalf's bright smile appears on his face, causing his eyes to twinkle.

    "I took it as my job to keep you safe and to eventually once return you to your family at the right time," Gandalf says "Now if you wouldn't mind as to step closely my dear."

    You do as told and stand close to Gandalf. Who looks down at you and thinks for a moment.

    "Hold on to the staff, as it may get a bit windy," Gandalf says

    You nod and do as he says and hold onto the staff tightly. Your grip tightens as Gandalf begins to mumble something. Then, out of sudden, there's a bright shining light and powerful wind. Even with your tight grip, it's too strong and you go flying through the air. Only to land on top of something. You soon realized it was one of the Dwarves as they groaned from the impact. As soon as you lift your head you notice it Kili. Had you landed a few inches to the right more, the two of you would have smacked your heads together.

    "(Y/N)?" Kili says in almost disbelief

    "Sorry," You say, getting up then quickly helping Kili up

    "Take up arms," Gandalf says from behind you "Fight. FIGHT!"

    Coming out of the daze from the wind, everyone springs into action. You quickly pull out your sword, glowing a brilliant bright blue, prepared to slash at anything that comes at you.

    Soon Goblins come rushing at you, thinking you won't be able to protect yourself. But as if something awakened within you, you swing your sword with one hand, easily taking down the few that came toward you.

    "Follow me," Gandalf says from beside you "Quick! RUN!"

    You follow with the others through the walkways of the Goblin kingdom. As the group moved through, you helped as Goblins would appear seemingly out of nowhere.

    "QUICKLY! FASTER!" Came urges from others

    Suddenly the walkway comes to an end. Being closest to the back, you cut the rope attatched to the part everyone is on. This causes the whole thing to start swinging. As it reached to the other side, those ahead of you jumped to the safe landing in small groups. You soon joined them and continued on, running down the walkways and cutting down Goblins.

    Though, everyone is soon stopped as the Goblin King bursts up through a walkway in front of everyone. A smug look on his face as he sees everyone surrounded. You stumble slightly as the brothers, Fili and Kili, pull you between them in a protective manner.

    "You thought you could escape me," The Goblin King says, then sings at Gandalf of which are dodged "What are you going to do now, Wizard?"

    You watch as Gandalf charges at the king, stabbing his staff into his eye. Then slicing his stomach open. The Goblin King then looks to the side with his eyes and nods.

    "That'll do it," The Goblin King says before Gandalf slices his throat

    The Goblin King then quickly falls forward, dead. Only moments later to have the structure below everyone collapse and fall down into the pit below. You crouch down and hold onto one of the posts for dear life. Letting out fearful shouts with everyone else and closing your eyes out of fear. Then the structure surprisingly comes to an almost slow stop. But you end up slipping and landing on-top of Kili yet again. This time he just gives you a cheeky smile.

    "Come here often love?" He says jokingly then chuckles

    You blush at his comment and punch his shoulder.

    "Shut it," You say

    "Well, that could have been worse," Bofur says

    Moments after he says this the dead body of the Goblin King lands on-top of everyone. Causing groans from all around.

    "You've got to be joking!" Dwalin grunts out nearby

    As you get up, you look to Kili to help him up once again. But his attention is focused on something behind you as his eyes grow wide.

    "Gandalf!" Kili shouts to draw the Wizard's attention

    You turn to see hundreds of Goblins rushing their way towards where everyone is.

    "There's too many," Dwalin says, helping Nori "We can't fight them."

    "Only one thing will save us, daylight!" Gandalf says "Come on! Here! On your feet."

    You follow the Dwarves as everyone runs in a single file down a passageway with daylight at the end. A sense of relief washes over you as the warmth of the sun is felt upon your face. But you still run, getting as far away from the opening as you can.