Chapter 19: The Answer We've All Been Waiting For

(Next chapter will be released once Chapter 31 is written)

(Also, I've been SUPER hyped to post this chapter. 90% of it is all from just me. So please, please enjoy!)

    As the sun rose, you stayed in the dome area with Gandalf and Lady Galadriel and listened to them talk.

    "You will follow them," Lady Galadriel says

    "Yes," Gandalf answers

    "You are right to help Thorin Oakenshield," She says "But I fear this quest has set in motion forces we do not yet understand. The riddle of the Morgul Blade must be answered. Something moves in the shadows unseen, hidden form our sight. It will not show itself. Not yet. But every day it grows in strength. You must be careful."

    Once Lady Galadriel is finished talking, Gandalf then begins to walk over to you. But is stopped when she calls to him.

    "Mithrandir?" Lady Galadriel says "Why the Half-ling?"

    "I do not know," Gandalf answers "Saruman believes that it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found it is the small things, everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay. Simple acts of kindness and love. Why Bilbo Baggins? Perhaps it is because I'm afraid and he gives me courage."

    "Do not be afraid, Mithrandir," Lady Galadriel says grabbing Gandalf's hands "You are not alone."

    Lady Galadriel then speaks to Gandalf in Elvish. She says something about needing help. He then smiles and gives a nod before continuing to walk.

    "I shall wait for you my dear," Gandalf says, walking past you "No need to rush."

    You watch as Gandalf walks away with a confused look on your face. Were you to talk to Lady Galadriel alone?

    "Come forward, child," Lady Galadriel says as she stands on a patio near the cliff-side "There is no need to fear."

    You glance back at where Gandalf had disappeared to, then walk forward. Once you stand beside Lady Galadriel, there is a moment of comfortable silence. She then turns to you with a smile gracing her lips.

    "Do you know as to why you were one of the chosen to be on this journey?" She asks

    "No ma'am," You say

    "Hmm," Lady Galadriel hums in amusement "Most would say, a girl of your age and kind should never be on one of this. Even in the company of the Dwarves for protection."

    "They're wrong to say that," You say, causing a full smile to emerge on Lady Galadriel's face

    She then watches you, again that look of pride coming across her face but it is soon followed with almost a look of guilt.

    "My dear, you have grown ever more beautiful than I would have ever imagined," Lady Galadriel says "And I am so sorry to have you left in such confusion."

    "It is not your fault," You say "It's not like you had to do with me being left with Bilbo. Not that I mind him, I just believe it would have been better to be raised by my parents. But, they're long gone."

    "Oh but it is," She says, sorrow coving her face "And you could not be any more wrong about your parents. They are alive, both of them. And very close."

    Your heart begins to pound at the news. Your family, to which you have assumed to be lost forever, is alive.

    "Where are they? Are they here in Rivendell? What are their names? What do they look like?" You begin to blunder out questions but is soon stopped when Lady Galadriel brings her hand to your cheek gently

    When she does so, you stop talking and look at her. Only then do you realize there's a tear going down her cheek. Lady Galadriel then leans down and places a kiss on your forehead. This causes a rush of memories to go through your head.

    At first multiple voices, different languages being said. Next just a singular voice, one that belonged to a male but you can't pin point who. Then you see Lady Galadriel, her face filled with joy. The view changes and you now see Dwalin. But he's smiling brightly, his hair darker and his face thinner. Next, is a scene you know all too well. Flames surround you, as do screams of fear in pain. You seem to be carried, carried by Lady Galadriel as she runs. She then trips, causing you to go flying forward. Only to be caught by Gandalf himself. He is then told something before he runs off, you held securely in his arms. Then you are outside of the home where once you grew up. You watch as the memory of Bilbo finding you unfolds before your eyes. It was just as he has told.

    Soon the memories fade and you are staring at Lady Galadriel with wide eyes. Silence takes over the both of you. Moments later only then do you realize tears are streaming down your cheeks. A few more moments later, you choke out a few words.

    "Y-You're," You stamper as your voice cracks

    Finding it hard to come to words as well, Lady Galadriel simply nods. You take a moment to process the information then hug her, tightly wrapping your arms around her shoulders like your life depended on it. Lady Galadriel let's put a small noise, either a sob or from shock. None the less, she hugs back equally as tight and pets your head gently.

    Nearly silent sobs rack your body. You couldn't believe that after years of not knowing, the one was standing in front of you right now. What about Dwalin? Does he know? You gently pull away from the hug but hold both of Lady Galadriel's hands and look at her.

    "D-Does," You begin "Does Dwalin know? Does he know who I am? Do any of them?"

    "No," Lady Galadriel answers, shaking her head gently "He believes we both died in the fire of Dale caused by Smaug."

    You nod your head and sniffle lightly. Then look at Lady Galadriel and smile as a small laugh emerges from your throat.

    "What is it?" She asks

    "I, I never thought I would find you," You answer "I thought I would be told that you and my father had passed long ago. But here you are, alive. I'm just, I couldn't be happier."

    A smile appears on Lady Galadriel's face as you say this. You truly thought you would never find them. At least not alive, but to have at least one of them in front of you is more than you could ask for. Now the question is, how do you bring it up to Dwalin?