Chapter 9: A Disagreement

(So this is more of a filler chapter than anything. So yeah. I just wanna say since I didn't say it in the previous chapters. Thank you all for being so patient with my posting. I know I suck at it but I still don't have everything unpacked so I found a free version of the movie on line and am using that to be able to get chapters done. Also, I'm working on 2 the stories for you guys. One I've started typing the other I still need to work some kinks out so I can start it. Also, I'm sorry if some sentences seem to go on forever. I've been writing late at night. But anyway, again, I'm so sorry for being terrible at updating. I'll get a handle on it eventually. So enjoy the chapter and the upcoming chapters and other stories I have planned for you all. Thank you all so much and I love you all. ~ Penguin{Btw, yes, I'm calling myself 'Penguin'})

    Hours later the company stops in a nice, green grassy area along a mountainside. Parts having large boulders in the ground, accompanied by an old cabin. The cabin's structure only being the four corner pillars, the chimney, and a roof which barely covers anything.

    "We'll camp here for the night," Thorin announces, causing everyone to stop their ponies

    As the others begin to set up camp and get things situated, you follow Gandalf into the poor cabin. You watch as he briefly observes the building.

    "A farmer and his family used to live here," He says

    "Pardon?" You say not hearing Gandalf fully

    "I think it would be wiser to move on," Gandalf says loudly, turning to Thorin who had walked over "We could make for the Hidden Valley."

    "I have told you already," Thorin begins darkly, glancing up at the Wizard "I will not go near that place."

    "Why not?" Gandalf questions "The Elves could help us. We could get food, rest, advice."

    You follow the two as they calmly bicker back and forth.

    "I do not need their advice" Thorin retorts, turning to look at Gandalf

    "We have a map," Gandalf says "That we cannot read. Lord Elrond could help us."

    "Help?" Thorin asks "A Dragon attacks Erebor. What help came from the Elves? Orcs plunder Moria, desecrate our sacred halls. The Elves looked on and did nothing. And you ask me to seek out the very people who betrayed my grandfather. Who betrayed my father."

    "You are neither of them," Gandalf says "I did not give you that map and key for you to hold onto the past."

    "I did not know they were yours to keep," Thorin snaps back

    At this Gandalf storms off, walking away from the structure and the company.

    "Everything alright?" Bilbo asks, looking confused "Gandalf, where are you going?"

    "To seek the company of the only one around who's got any sense," Gandalf answers as he passes Bilbo

    "And who's that?" Bilbo presses

    "Myself, Mr. Baggins," Gandalf snaps, continuing to make his way through the company "I've had enough of Dwarves for one day."

    As Gandalf continues to walk away Thorin watches him with slight anger in his eyes.

    "Come on, Bomber, we're hungry," Thorin says as if nothing had happened

    With a sigh, you continue to help the others unpack for the night. Hoping Gandalf will return soon.