065:

******065:

So where she came up with the incredible emotion and energy for her acting was beyond him. Her performances although immature and in need of magnificent coaching feats was still spot on. She was easily instructed, took suggestions and brought home the bacon. She might not think she had a career in acting ahead of her, but performance was in her blood. She could portray a believable scene from the depths of her own bewilderment and pain, her own gratitude and joy, experienced in her own short twenty years, more than other actors could elicit with years of training.

Richard found himself asking over and over in his inner dialogue if she could do it. She reached deep for the emotion he was trying to get at; he could see her relating it, thinking about it, about her character and what the character thought, felt and believed.

"Trace, I get where you're going with this part, I do, really, but I see Nastya in a very vulnerable place, not a strong place."

In full Eskimo furs, her hair wildly tossing in the now cold evening wind, she approached him, looking frustrated. "I feel like she's been through so much, this loss is more matter-of-fact for her, she expected it."

"No one expects the loss of a sibling. No one expects to never see one's family again." He argued gently, the two of them battling the elements to bring in this final piece of their puzzle. Austin, also dressed at this moment in full costuming, the other principals holding place, waiting out the Richard and Tracy learning curve.

She drew in her breath sharply. "But after so many deaths, it does effect one less. You become bottled up inside, shut off. She wouldn't be screaming and crying this time she'd be reserved, accepting."

"I disagree." He pointed to a few lines, showing her why he felt the character had counted on her brother's life.

The crew waited patiently, calmer than with other productions, knowing that Richard and Tracy, often without Austin's input would come to a mutual conclusion how the scene should be played. Richard was intuitive and had the experience. Tracy had no experience, but she trusted her coach, like it or not, and had the compelling fortitude to lay it down.

"Well, I see why you want her to have the more hysterical outburst and to justify the fury she exhibits in revenge. But I think that cold fury, that reserved, coldly calculated approach is more believable."

"I need fire." Richard said simply.

Her chest heaving from prior exertion, Tracy's brows rose. "I can give you cold fire."

And she did. The next take went like a dream, with exactly the right amount of reserve, and explosive rage Richard could have asked for. When it was over and the last marker had declared it a wrap, the cheering was thunderous for this vast sound eating set. Amid all the hugging and exuberant arm throws, Richard found her side, turned her and planted a firm kiss on her upturned lips.

"That for bringing it in for me. You and I are a team, girl, you may not realize it, but we work well together." He let her go, as she slid back to the ground staring up at him with a huge grin. Then he cupped her cheeks and looked into her eyes. "This for your pain and loss." He simply stared into her eyes, acknowledging her grief, and future grief, knowing it was there she took her performance from. "This thing is in the can. Time for the table."

She waited breathlessly for his second kiss, and when it didn't come, and he then turned and embraced Austin and others, she twirled uncertainly in a circle, accepting other's accolades.

There would be a wild, wild party later, indeed, well deserved, well played, and well endured. But for Tracy, the climax had just come, and she had achieved the only thing that had come to matter to her. Richard Mann's respect. Apart and aside from all personal feelings. And she hadn't once given in and crawled into his sleeping bag, the sky only knew how much she had wanted to.

****