085:

085:

On December 12th, without a hitch or concern, Tracy gave birth to twin daughters, Megan Dianne and Melia Deanne. She had them at home in Laguna attended only by her midwife and her husband. On December 17th they blessed the babies at church and Richard and Austin were both able to stand in the circle. Richard announced that he'd be going to the temple on January 24th, his year date, and would then be heading out on February 5th for his mission in Sydney, Australia. Raine and Tracy announced that they too would like to head to the temple to be sealed and have their children sealed to them, and decided to make it a big day and go the same time as Richard.

On Christmas day, they met in Park City to celebrate.

*****

Raine followed his wife's curvy little behind down the mountain with alacrity, jumping moguls and trying to catch her, but she was fast. At the bottom of the hill he caught her and kissed her cold flushed cheek.

"You win!" He said catching his breath. "How'd you do it? I have way more speed than you ever even thought of."

"I have way more reason to get home fast than you do!?" She looked down at her chest meaningfully, and when his eyebrows drew together, she lifted a hand under one heavy breast. "Somebody needs to eat dinner today!"

Raine eyed her appreciatively. "Amen, sister!" He smirked with a lascivious smile as they were joined by Austin and his new girlfriend, Lisa. He skied to her, and got in her space, cupping that round heavy breast under cover of her ski jacket.

"Oooo Lala!" Lisa laughed as she passed.

"Amen, again, sister!" Raine announced and kissed Tracy long and lovingly.

He held her up while she took off her skis. He saw Richard and Austin now ahead of them already getting out of theirs as well. Richard was dressed in ski pants and a raggedy t-shirt, his goggles pushed up on his forehead like headlights. Raine waved, and listened as they all recounted a major biff on the slopes.

"Time for dinner? Did I hear you say that?" Austin yelled, always aware of food for his guests.

'Somebody's dinner!" Raine affirmed and winked at Tracy who now colored in embarrassment and excused herself.

All eyes watched her go. "You are one lucky son of a gun." Austin said under his breath as the guys packed all their gear. Raine watched Tracy through the line to the lift that would take her to their backyard. He nodded. "Yeah." He breathed and Richard laughed.

"What about you, though? I hear wedding bells are in the future for LDS reporter Lisa Bellatori. The future Mrs. McQueen."

"It's a definite possibility." Austin grinned and both men clapped him on the back several times. They started back up to the house carrying the skis through the parking lot.

I hear you bought the place next door." Richard said to Raine as they entered through the kitchen door. They dumped their gear on the back porch in a covered area made just for it, and shook the snow off their boots.

"Yeah," Raine said as they walked in. "It went up for sale and Tracy wanted it really badly. It's exactly like this one in design. She thinks that maybe we'll spend more time here, without encroaching upon the bachelor pad, that is until she found out that Austin is getting married, and then she didn't want to encroach on the newlyweds." They all laughed.

They found Tracy partially covered in a blanket nursing her babies on the living room couch watching the boys play little cars. Steven just crawling after Danny, wanting to do everything his big brother could do. He pulled himself up, and grunted at Tracy for help, trying to pull her blanket off. He drove Tracy nuts on her good days as he could climb out of every restraint ever made for nine and half month old babies. He was a monkey and he loved surprising her. His favorite thing to do was climb out of his crib in the morning and crawl in with her.

Richard came up the stairs with his backpack slung over his shoulders.

"Hey you! Where you going?"

"I'm going home to New York for the week." He didn't exactly look at anybody, and left some wondering if this was a planned trip, or had some other motivation. He studiously avoided looking at a certain girl. He may not have hard feelings for the husband, but sitting around on Christmas watching the four love birds was asking a little much.

"It's Christmas! We're supposed to be together!" Austin protested as his intended made her way up from the lower floor also.

Richard gave Lisa a quick Hollywood peck on the cheek. "Sorry, it must have slipped my mind." He fiddled with his bag nonchalantly, as if going home to his family was somehow expected. He didn't want to--- no couldn't--- look into Tracy's eyes right then. He knew she knew why he was leaving.

He slung the second bag over his shoulder and then seeing Raine get up, unslung both bags. Tracy disentangled herself from her children. "No, no! Don't get up!" Richard jumped over the couch and pounced on Raine's lap, missing the twins by inches and landing unceremoniously on Tracy as well.

That initiated a dog pile from the little boys who knew fun when they saw it and there was tickling and hugging and kissing and wrestling all around.

Finally, Richard announced that he had a plane to catch and shook hands with Austin and then pulled him close for a hug. He then turned to Raine.

"Thanks for everything, bro." Raine nodded in understanding as their eyes locked for just a moment too long.

Then he turned to Tracy who was smoothing down her shirt. In her stocking feet she barely reached his chin. "You are one gorgeous momma." He said. "Ready for round two in three months? I hear you and Austin are doing another flick."

"Yep, looks like it. I've got a lot of getting in shape to do." She smiled at him tremulously. He gave her a quick kiss and hugged her gently.

"Houston this time?"

He started for the door. "Yep!" He looked back, and saw her cover her lips with her fingers, her eyes slowly filling, the tip of her nose turning pink. He smiled tightly and closed the door behind him.

*****