two ; merry christmas

a/n: sorry if there are typos. i worked really fast on this. Also, i changed darcy to be a slytherin. i just think this fits into the story more (*sly face*) i really can't wait lololol. ALso, there's another flashback for Ophelia (excuse the typos lol) :))

"Harry, you—you look terrible."

Harry hadn't gotten much sleep until daybreak. He had awoken to find the dormitory deserted, dressed, and gone down the spiral staircase to a common room that was completely empty except for Ron and Hermione.

"Where is everyone?" said Harry.

"Gone! It's the holidays, remember?" said Ron, watching Harry closely. "it's nearly lunchtime; I was going to wake you up in a minute."

Harry slumped into a chair next to the fire. Snow was still falling outside the windows. Crookshanks was spread out in front of the fire like a large, ginger rug.

"You really don't look well, you know," Hermione said, peering anxiously into his face.

"I'm fine," said Harry.

"Harry, listen..."

And the two were telling him to not go after Sirius, even though he so badly wanted to. So badly wanted to kill the man that betrayed his family. Yet, at the same time, what held him back was his supposed sister, Ophelia Black. And what intrigued him more was the fact that there was another Longbottom.

Then, Ron had the brilliant idea to meet with Hagrid, which Harry shortly replied that he really wanted to.

The three head out of the portrait hole, down through the almost empty castle and out the oak front doors.

They made their way down slowly to Hagrid's hut, but when they knocked on his door, there was no answer.

"He's not out, is he?" said Hermione, who was shivering under her cloak.

When Ron was about to put his ear to the door, it snapped back harshly and Ron fell over only to be caught by Ophelia.

There was a moment of shock as the trio—especially Harry—saw Ophelia in a warm faux coat and leather boots.

"Whoa there ginger," coughed Ophelia, her accent was thin and more American than before. "Hagrid's caught up—"

At the same time Ophelia stopped as she laid her eyes upon Harry, the trio was distracted when they heard throbbing moans that came from behind her.

"Hagrid!" called Harry and he stumbled up the door.

Ophelia grabbed his shoulder. "Now's not the time—"

"Ye've heard?" Hagrid bellowed, and he flung himself from behind Ophelia and unto Harry.

Ophelia steered the three plus the half-giant furthermore inside and shut the door. She placed a letter in front of them as Hagrid had tears running down his face.

"What's this?" Harry questioned.

Hagrid's sobs redoubled, but he shoved the letter towards Harry, who picked it up and read aloud.

Dear Mr. Hagrid,

Further to out inquiry into the attack by a hippogriff on a student in your class...you're hearing will take place on April 20th, and we ask you to present yourself...in the meantime you must keep the hippogriff tethered and isolated.