forty-one ; prefects !

a/n: hey guys! so i've been sick since wednesday and HARRY POTTER WEEKEND HAS STARTED AND UGH I JUST COULDNT RESIST POSTING OKAY??? also, another long ass chapter!

published 2/04/17.

"Don't you go feeling guilty!" said Hermione sternly, which kind of shocked Darcy.

They were cleaning off mold from a cupboard on the third floor—where Darcy's room was on. Harry had just confided about leaving Sirius. Darcy full-on agreed, feeling neglected when her father would not speak to her sometimes.

"That's a bit harsh, Hermione," said Ron, frowning as he attempted to prize off a bit of mold that had attached itself firmly to his finger, "you wouldn't want to be stuck inside this house without company."

"He'll have company!" said Hermione. "It's headquarters to the Order of the Phoenix, isn't it? He just got his hopes up that Harry would be coming to live here with him."

"C'mon, Hermione," said Darcy blankly. "That's not the same. What friends has he got in the order that haven't...gone..."

"I don't think that's true," said Harry to Hermione, wringing out his cloth. "He wouldn't give me a straight answer when I asked him if I could."

"He just didn't want to get his own hopes up even more," said Hermione wisely. "And he probably felt a bit guilty himself, because I think a part of him was really hoping you'd be expelled. Then you'd both be outcasts together."

"Come of it!" Harry and Ron said together, leaving Darcy, yet again, thinking about her father.

He had asked Harry, instead of her, to stay. It was a bitter thought, something that made Darcy's stomach twist with anger. But, she didn't get nearly get expelled from Hogwarts...and being this angry about a situation she wasn't in felt rather gross.

. . .

Living inside a murky house that Sirius and Ophelia Black seemed really appealing at first. Though, that changed when it also became the headquarters for the Order of the Phoenix. Darcy would catch a glance at few Order members, and some would stay for meals. Three that really struck out to Darcy was Jani Scamander, Phille Fleamont, and Amelia Dean. The youngest, Jani and Phille, would stay for dinner—but it was only the middle-aged woman, Amelia, who only stayed for barely a minute before shuffling her way out.

"Odd woman," whispered Ron. "Fred and George have been trying to catch a glance at her, but she always disapparates. Her fastest time was forty-eight seconds until she left."

"You guys are weird," said Darcy, nudging Ron to move on forward with his pile of laundry. "Just let the woman be."

On the last day of the summer break, it was a calm day for Darcy. She sent out her letters previous days before, feeling almost relieved to do anything she pleased. She stopped by Harry and Ron's bedroom. (Darcy wanted to thank Harry for letter her borrow Hedwig to send out her letters as well).

The two were cleaning off Hedwig's droppings when Ron entered the room—not before staring a while—and held out a couple of envelopes.

"Booklists have arrived," he said, throwing one of the envelopes up to Harry, who was standing on a chair and handing the other to Darcy. "About time, I thought they'd forgotten, they usually come much earlier than this. . ."

Letting Harry read his letter first, Darcy when on to throw the droppings into a trash bag and threw them over Ron's head and into a trashcan. Ron threw her a "really" face and Darcy shrugged nonchalantly as she sat on the dress drawer.