twenty-three ; versus pt. 2

a/n: unedited. published 12/16/16

Ophelia had scoured New York, her hand clenched around Remus as her stress ball.

"I can't believe I waited last minute for this," grumbled Ophelia, her free hand pushing her blonde hair back.

Remus eyed the shops around him. He had never seen the amount of buildings as he had until that day. New York had touring buildings, nothing compared to what he's seen in London. There were shops, like "Macy's," "Nordstroms," and "Kate Spade." All were so exotic, Remus didn't know how American's could form such...fitting names.

"What about that small store?" Remus pointed to the Nordstroms store. "Simple enough. And beautiful."

Smiling brightly at him, she leaned over and placed a kiss on his cheek.

. . .
Sometime before the Yule Ball, Harry had to explain to his unlucky friend that he had gotten himself a date.

Entering the common room, Harry looked around, and to his surprise he saw Ron sitting ashen-faced in a distant corner. Ginny was sitting with him, talking to him in what seemed to be a low, soothing voice.

"What's up, Ron?" said Harry, joining them with a wild grin on his face.

Ron looked up at Harry, a sort of blind horror in his face.

"Why did I do it?" he said wildly. "I don't know what made me do it!"

"What?" said Harry, this time his mouth frowning.

"He — er — just asked Fleur Delacour to go to the ball with him," said Ginny. She looked as though she was fighting back a smile, but she kept patting Ron's arm sympathetically.

"You what?" said Harry incredulously.

"I don't know what made me do it!" Ron gasped again. "What was I playing at? There were people — all around — I've gone mad — everyone watching! I was just walking past her in the entrance hall — she was standing there talking to Diggory — and it sort of came over me — and I asked her!"

He kept talking, though the words were barely distinguishable.

"She looked at me like I was a sea slug or something. Didn't even answer. And then — I dunno — I just sort of came to my senses and ran for it."

Harry had no idea what to say, as he lucked out with Darcy. He couldn't relate to Ron's embarrassment at the moment and stared at Ginny unsure.

"She must be part veela," said Harry. "You were right — her grandmother was one. It wasn't your fault, I bet you just walked past when she was turning on the old charm for Diggory and got a blast of it — but she was wasting her time. He's going with Cho Chang."

Ron looked up.

"Oh, uhm," Harry coughed, "I just found out through some people."

"This is mad," said Ron. "We're the only ones left who haven't got anyone — well, except Neville. Hey — guess who he asked? Hermione!"

"What?" said Harry, completely distracted by this startling news.

"Yeah, I know!" said Ron, some of the color coming back into his face as he started to laugh. "He told me after Potions! Said she's always been really nice, helping him out with work and stuff —but she told him she was already going with someone. Ha! As if! She just didn't want to go with Neville . . . I mean, who would?"

"Don't!" said Ginny, annoyed. "Don't laugh —"

Just then Hermione climbed in through the portrait hole.

SILENT [1] || HARRY POTTER ⚡️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें