twenty-four ; last minute

a/n: unedited. published 12/19/16

another LONG asf chapter lololol that i had to split in two chapters. i swear, the next chapter is the yule ball!!

It was Christmas day, and Darcy woke up as early as she could.

The dark dormitory was silent, only with the soft silence of Tracey's snores. Looking around, Darcy whipped off her covers and got an old pair of leggings and a turtleneck grey dress. She braided a side of her hair, wanting to look presentable in front of her father, Lupin, and Ophelia.

Her feet were about to leave the dorm, but there was another stifle in the bed covers. Turning her head, she saw that Gemma, her mess of dark hair popped from behind the open curtains.

"What are you doing?" Gemma asked, standing up and stretching. She glanced at the clock. "It's five-thirteen!"

Darcy shushed her, and began picking up her presents that were at the edge of her bed. Darcy wondered how they got there, but pushed it aside.

"I'm going to meet my aunt in her office," whispered Darcy, stuffing her gifts into a sack. She felt a little bit like Santa Claus.

Gemma nodded, and saw that she had gifts at the edge of her bed too. Frowning, she picked up the two presents she got and sat on the floor.

"Well," Gemma sighed, looking up to the retreating Darcy, "Happy Christmas."

"Merry Christmas to you too!" said Darcy and she ran down the steps. Then, guilty, she went back to the dorm. "I'll come back around three hours, Gemma."

Smiling, Gemma nodded.

. . .

Darcy made her way through the empty corridors, noticing that only a few students were up. She even caught glance at Jani Scamander, who was eating her breakfast on the staircase Darcy was staying at.

Jani had her hair smoothed back to a flawless braid, her Christmas sweater bright and gifts surrounded the perch she sat at. Her window seat was nicely illuminating her cocoa skin.

A little intimidated, Darcy held her breathe as she walked by. Though, as she walked up the steps, Jani already noticed Darcy.

"Hi there!" Jani said excitingly, dropping a present on her lap. 

Surprised, Darcy's squeaked, "Hey—hey!" She blushed furiously and mentally gave herself a slap. 

With a smile on her face, Jani stood up—she was incredibly tall, like Darcy . "You're Darcy Black, right? I just wanted to say—thanks for putting in a good word for me to George..."

Darcy wanted to say that it was only a coincidence—that Darcy only ever mentioned her because she was Newt Scamanders freaking granddaughter. Darcy had read up to the third year required reading to catch up to what magic was like in Europe (very different from how she grew up).

"No problem," Darcy said quickly, tugging on her sack of gifts. "I've got to go—Merry Christmas, Jani. Can't wait for the dance!"

"Oh yeah!" Jani said, her cheeks flushed. "Heard you were going with Harry Potter—see you then!"

And with that awkward and strangely unfinished talk, Darcy bolted up the stair to Ophelia's office. The sack that she held seemed to get heavier and heavier as she was turning the corner for the office. 

Professor Dumbledore was at the under end of the hall. It was a shock, since the last time Darcy had personally been around the Headmaster was and exact year. 

SILENT [1] || HARRY POTTER ⚡️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara