plot ; part three

❝Did you know that we had little baby play dates?❞

❝Yes, Darce, you told me that several times.❞    

     ❝Don't you think that's so unreal?❞

❝Yeah, but if you kiss me, it'll make it realer.

. . .

Fourth year for Darcy Black had been a whirlwind. Her voices had come and gone, only she knows its been fixed with her natural inclination to legilimency, an act or practice that allows her to gaze into people's minds.

Now, everyone knows she's a Legilimens, and they whisper about how she's come to Hogwarts and already claimed so many friends. Her only true friend in Slytherin, Gemma Fawley, has become more distant than ever and Theodore Nott, the boy who was quiet has taken a path that Darcy never hoped for him.

Then, there's He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named's growing threat, the terror and stress of end-of-term Ordinary Wizarding Level exams, the magical governments ignorance, the new task to be announcer for the Quidditch games, a Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher that hates Darcy, and the beating of her heart whenever she's around Harry Potter.

Amongst those problems, she hopes to sleep them away. But she sees a door at the end of a corridor...and soon realizes she isn't witnessing her problems...but invading someone else's.

Again.

. . .

i. "magic"—Mystery Skulls

ii. feel again—OnRepublic

iii. "body high"—Mystery Skulls

iv. wherever i go—OneRepublic

v. "soul on fire"—Mystery Skulls

vi. kids—OneRepublic

vii. "when i'm with you"—Mystery Skulls

viii. company—Justin Bieber

ix. secret love song—Little Mix

x. comfortable—Lauv

xi. the greatest—Sia

xii. cold water—Major Lazer, MO, Justin Bieber

xiii. friends—Chase Atlantic

published 12/29/16, edited 2/08/17