three ; the patronus

A/n: another flashback to Ophelia's past :)) also, excuse the typos lololol. [Also, I just free wrote the patronus part!!!!]

Darcy's cheeks were flaming red when Professor Snape called her out as "Darcy Black."

All eyes were pointed towards her, and they seemed to fixing on why she was a new student. Since brith, Darcy had been under the care of Ophelia Black. .

Darcy wasn't ignorant. Ophelia only ever said that Darcy was related to her, and left it at that. Darcy also assumed that Dumbledore knew who her parents were, since he and her caretaker switched very cryptic words in his office.

When Ophelia said that Darcy was her daughter, she caught the sour face that Harry Potter had. It was like he caught a lie, and it made her very uncomfortable.

Darcy raised her hand, indicating she was present.

"Another Black, it appears?" Snape confirmed. He seemed to take satisfaction as she squirmed under his intense and menacing glare.

Like Harry, everyone else was shocked to see the girl in at the back. If she was a Black, how could she have just come in this late in the year?

The girl didn't say a word, but nodded in response. Her cheeks were flaming in embarrassment. Around the class, there were whispers.

"A Black? As in Sirius Black?"

Harry, from the other side of the room, had become more confused as ever. Why would Ophelia cover up Darcy as her daughter if on the records it would appear as Sirius was her father? It infuriated the teen boy, and made it more prone for him to search who exactly Darcy was. Which meant he was very much looking forward to Professor Lupin's lesson after school.

The duration of potions, she was partnered up with another boy from Ravenclaw. He had hazel eyes and a very slim face that oddly reminded her of the Stalk of a Celery Monster. He wasn't horribly thin, but he could use a little sun bathe...though that could make him red.

The two barely talked, but when asked by the Ravenclaw boy where she came from, she froze.

Her brown eyes widened and she almost felt like she couldn't speak. Then, embarrassingly, she wrote down: North America.

The Ravenclaw boy's eyes widened. "No way!" he said. "You've come from way over there and yet you're--hey, why can't you speak?"

On the parchment paper she had, she wrote, I was cursed to be silent. She gave the paper to him, and smiled shyly.

"Really?" he said and she nodded. "Well, that's interesting. It must've been a dark silencing charm..."

I was told it was. What was your name?

"Oh, it's Roland Abberly," he said. "Are you by any chance related to the Sirius Black?"

Darcy glanced around the potions class. Then, she wrote, I've not heard much about him, but I'm his niece. Though it was a lie, she had to do this for the sake of Ophelia. 

Roland's droopy eyes seemed to double in their size.  "Bloody hell, so you are related to that killer!"

Darcy flinched, her face becoming redder than the Gryffindor ties. Sadly, Snape had caught the two partners pass each other notes.

"Miss Black, Mr. Abberly," drawled Snape. "If you please, refrain from passing notes as you have a potion that is due by the end of the period." This caused the class to pause a slight moment from their potions.

Roland glared daggers at the teacher. "Darcy can't speak, Professor."

"Well that shouldn't be a problem, since Miss Black has eyes that can read," said Snape. "There was never any need to communicate."