thirty-six ; little whinging

a/n: unedited. published 1/1/17.

whoa. new chapter new year. i had a trip. XDD

"They say that this summer's going to be the hottest so far," said Remus, his face reading the newspaper that was sat on a local café. "Or maybe today could be the hottest."

"I can feel it coming," exasperated Ophelia, her face bright red from the scorching afternoon sun.

"C'mon!" Darcy said impatiently. She swung her satchel over her shoulder and stood up from her seat. "You lot are taking forever. It's just coffee you had—meanwhile I finished my waffles ten minutes ago!"

Remus and Ophelia had finally made the plans to come to Little Whinging, a late gift for Darcy's birthday back in January. (This was what Darcy used against them, claiming that all she really got was a hug from Ophelia.) Also, Ophelia was making her grand move on Remus this summer, since she's been living at Remus's house.

Though, this upcoming last month of summer, Darcy is going to spend it at Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place with her father. She's already visited a few times to see Sirius—but they left, seeing as the house was ancient as fuck and Ophelia, Sirius, and Remus really didn't want her there (reason's unknown, because the minute she stepped in there, Darcy was escorted merely five minutes after). From what Darcy could make out, there was dust everywhere, and she found it incredibly hard to breathe—along with everyone else. Ophelia had taken Darcy to Remus's, only limited contact to Sirius. You see, Grimmauld Place was in dire need to be cleaned, and Remus, Ophelia, and Sirius took it upon themselves to clean the place up, leaving Darcy by herself.

So, since the first few weeks of summer were wasted cleaning for the three adults, and Darcy complained that she needed to see Harry—like she promised. And really, spending time alone at Remus's was rather boring when there was no news given back when the adults come back.

Back at the Little Whinging café, Darcy had gone off on her own. Remus and Ophelia had decided to stay back and eat a fruit tart that looked very "appetizing". Plus, Darcy had left a slip of paper to lead her to the Harry's house.

"Number 4, Privet Drive. Take a left down Magnolia Drive, walk until you see Magnolia Crescent (where the park is), take a right on that corner ...on Wisteria Walk to Number 4, Privet Drive. House is on the left of the cul-de-sac, and has mounds of petunia flowers..."

The address was copied onto a napkin that Darcy left back in the café. It wasn't that far of a walk, thought Darcy.

Magnolia drive was just off the opposite crosswalk. Darcy took tentative steps as the wind of the cars that passes lifted the skirt she was wearing. (But, the wind was refreshing, because it was hot as fuck).

"Need a little help there, eh?" called out a boy by the corner of Magnolia Crescent with such a vast chest, that it looked like he only had a belly.

A little insulted, since the boy was referring to her having a struggle crossing the walk with her skirt, Darcy had walked a lot faster past the park. She didn't want to deal this this sort of boy—in fact, she never really dealt with this sort. (Massachusetts barely had any parks from where she lived.)

Just keep walking—just keep walking.

"Hey there," the boy heaved out once more. His chubby face moved to a sly—sickening—grin. "You look lost there, love."