four ; dementor's kiss

a/n: no ophelia flash back :( IAND EXCUSE THE TYPOS LOLOLOL

Harry had head Ron's complaints about Hermione being at different classes. Though, he didn't have time to fathom the mystery of Hermione's impossible schedule at the moment; her really needed to get on with Snape's essay. However, he was interrupted by Wood, who had told him the sad truth that he couldn't get his broom back.

The passing of January went by quickly to February. Harry still didn't order a new broom and resulted in asking McGonagall for news on the Fire-bolt. And she always snapped, saying that it wasn't ready.

  Harry even saw Hermione and Darcy walking together a few times, and it sort of made him irritated. She knew who Darcy Black was--the daughter of Sirius Black. He was betrayed that Hermione would speak to the girl, and even more displeased because Hermione was hanging out with a Slytherin.  

  Yet, Harry and Ron were not on speaking terms with Hermione ever since the start of term when she tattled on them with the broom. It was bound that Hermione would find a friend.  

The lesson's with Lupin weren't going as well. He could only produce that same silvery wisp as the first try. Though, he didn't pass out. Professor Ophelia had stopped coming as, she claimed that she had plenty of assignments to grade--even mentioned Hermione being top in that class. Though, on the forth week, she looked much more ill. Lupin seemed to deepily care for the Professor, as he actually kissed the woman on the forehead and watched her leave, right past Harry.

"You're expecting too much of yourselves," said Professor Lupin sternly in their that same week of practice. "For a thirteen-year-old wizard, even an indistinct Patronus is a huge achievement. You aren't passing out anymore, are you?"

"I thought a patronus would--charge the dementor's down or something," said Harry dispiritedly. "Make them disappear--"

"The true patronus does do that," said Lupin. "But you've achieved a great deal in a very short space of time. If the dementors put in an appearance at your next quidditch mathc, you will be able to keep them at bay long enough to get back on the ground."

"You said it's harder if there are loads of them," said Harry.

"Professor Black and I have complete confidence in you," said Lupin, smiling. "Here--you've earned a drink--something from the Three Broomstick. You won't have tried it before--"

He pulled two bottles out of his brief case.

"Butterbeer!" said Harry without thinking. "Yeah, I like that stuff!"

Lupin raised an eyebrow.

"Oh--Ron and Hermione brought me some back from Hogsmeade," Harry lied quickly.

"I see," said Lupin, though he was a little suspicious. "Well--let's drink to a Gryffindor victory against Ravenclaw! Not that I'm supposed to take sides, as a teacher..." he added quickly.

They drank in silence, and when Harry asked what was under a dementors hood, the response was quite interesting a frightful.

"The people who have seen it aren't in any condition to to tell us," said Lupind. "The dementor only lower the hood to use its last and worst weapon."

"What's that?"

"They call it the Dementor's kiss," said Lupin, with a slightly twisted smile. "It's what dementors do to those they wish to utterly destroy. I supposed there myst be some kind of mouth under there, because they clamp their jaws upon the mouth of the victim and--and suck out their souls."

Harry accidentally spat out a bit of his butterbeer. He recalled that Professor Black had complained about almost being "kissed" by them.

"What--they kill--?"