thirty-three ; surely, they believe

a/n:UNEDITED! Published 12/29/16

otherwise known as

"veritaserum"

            "Dumbledore!" gasped Darcy, her heart thumping with fear. Why did she see the green light? What was going on in the maze?

            Ron and Gemma were the first to help Darcy up from the ground.

            "Darcy!" said Gemma. "You just fell, take a break."

            Darcy shook her head and regained her balance. She pushed away her friends and made it down the steps. Her feet were quick to meet the grass of the pitch, her face strung with stress. There were attempts to call Darcy back, but she waved them off and

            Nearby the Headmaster was an equally stressed Ophelia, who held her left forearm out and a stoic Moody.

            She waited patiently, trying to get her thoughts sorted out. it was a miracle that she could even walk with the sudden images of dark, hooded people.

            What had Darcy done to see the green light? Was it a sign? The Killing Curse in action? Or, even worse to Darcy's fiddled thoughts...The champions could be dead...

Rattled and completely dysfunctional to speak, Darcy just stared off at the distance. Her eyes were glazed as she saw the dark graveyard slither back into her mind.

Into Harry's mind...

Although it was odd to see Darcy just staring—and specifically only at Professor Moody, he had made his way to the girl. Maybe it was worry, but who could really know?

Next, Ophelia was quick to notice her niece's very empty face. She also saw that Moody was waving a hand over Darcy's face and instantly knew something was concerning her niece.

Swiftly at Darcy's side, Ophelia grabbed her shoulders and shook them, but there was no response. Though, her eyes were moving, as though she were seeing something they weren't.

"Is...is she in someone's mind?" said Ophelia and was quick to shut her mouth and chide herself for saying such a thing aloud.

"A Legilimens?" goggled Moody, his battered face lifted with astonishment. "Is that what he ability had been all along? She can—" He cut himself off with a low grumble in thought.

Ophelia nodded, though wasn't too keen on exposing Darcy's ability.

"She's never had this happen to her," she said. When Dumbledore came to their side, she said. "What do you think she's seeing, Headmaster?"

Dumbledore studied Darcy's face, only then noticing that she was in someone's mind.

"She must go somewhere safe," Moody suggested. "Someone's...ought to go with her, take care of her when she's...in this...state."

Ophelia grabbed hold of Darcy's arm and eyed Moody.

"I'll head over to the infirmary," she said. "Maybe I can search around for a sleeping draught..."

"A sleeping draught won't be necessary, Ophelia," said Dumbledore for the first time after seeing Darcy. "She is seeing something of importance. If her legilimency is naturally inclined, it must be important."

"What?" Ophelia said. "Are you saying that she's seeing...she's seeing—" She lightly pulled her left sleeve back to reveal the darkening mark that was there, "—this?"

Dumbledore gravely nodded his head.

"Keep her seated..." he said once more. "Don't disturb her. Let her see what she sees...perhaps...perhaps..."