thirty ; completion

a/n: YOU GUYS SHOULD CHECK OUT MY SCREENPLAY ONE SHOTS OF THIS FANFIC! 

unedited. published 12/28/16

Harry— what do you think you are playing at, walking off into the forest with Viktor Krum? I want you to swear, by return owl, that you are not going to go walking with anyone else at night. There is somebody highly dangerous at Hogwarts. It is clear to me that they wanted to stop Crouch from seeing Dumbledore and you were probably feet away from them in the dark. Have you forgotten what happened to Darcy? Someone tried to kill my daughter, could very well be the same person—and I can't lose you... You could have been killed.

Your name didn't get into the Goblet of Fire by accident. If someone's trying to attack you and Darcy, they're on their last chance. Stay close to Ron and Hermione, do not leave Gryffindor Tower after hours, and arm yourself for the third task. Make sure Darcy has the company she can get, her safety at Hogwarts is just as minimal as you. Practice Stunning and Disarming. A few hexes wouldn't go amiss either. There's nothing you can do about Crouch. Keep your head down and look after yourself. I'm waiting for your letter giving me your word you won't stray out-of-bounds again.

Also, I'm not just going hard-ass on you. Darcy's got a separate letter as well.

Sirius

Darcy giggled a little, handing the letter back to Harry. She handed her notepad over to Harry in the library. They were currently trying their best to study together, trying to not be "alone" now.

He sent the same letter to me. Only, he said that I should start making friends in Slytherin.

"And how's that going?" he asked, folding up his letter from Sirius.

She smiled calmly. It's good. I'm talking to my dorm mates more and Theodore Nott isn't that bad, either.

Harry didn't say anything about her friends no more. He found it awkward to talk about the Slytherins, since he generally didn't like the lot of them. Instead, Harry turned up a different route of conversation.

"It's sucks you can't speak anymore," he said gloomily. Harry still had the notepad in his hands, twirling the pages a little unconsciously as he looked over at her from across the table.

Darcy quirked her mouth upwards sarcastically. Her eyes went over to the notepad in Harry's hand and she reached over and lightly tugged on it.

"Oh, right," Harry said and blushed, handing the pad back to her.

Smiling, Darcy scribed I couldn't keep that rock forever. Came with a deal that I broke.

"What deal?"

That I couldn't go back to the Blake Lake.

Harry made a disbelieving face. "That was all?"

Chuckling, Darcy nodded. Yeah. I guess they didn't really care about me almost dying.

"Yeah," Harry mumbled. "Who do you reckon could be after us? Sirius did say that it had to be the same person."

I've got not idea, Harry. Darcy stared over at him, worried. Now that you know the third task—and it's nearly coming by. We should get back to learning a few of those hexes.

Harry nodded, looking back down on his book. He'd searched the index, and came across protective spells. Then, he remembered something...