twenty-six ; stupefy

a/n: this is just a "skim through". I wanted to get to the second task real quick. I've also taken en-route of the movie script for figuring out the 

unedited. published 12/20/16

Darcy was relieved to take the dress off her body and take a hot shower and just sleep.

Though, she was very grumpy the next morning. Apparently, there was a thing called "Boxing Day" and it literally was celebrating the day after Christmas. 

"British people," scoffed Darcy when she sat herself next to Ophelia in her muggle studies classroom. "Maybe I'll have a Boxing Day after my birthday!"

Ophelia sniggered, popping a piece of chocolate in her mouth. "Technically you're British, Darcy," she said, chuckling as she twirled around in her chair. "You were born in London—and then we illegally immigrated into America."

Darcy rolled her eyes. "What the heck is Boxing Day? Another excuse for a holiday?"

"Well, yeah," Ophelia answered, pouting her lips. "Don't tell me you're actually excited about school coming back!"

That was true—the homework that was assigned at the beginning of break was finished and Darcy was eager to start the term. She didn't like that there was so much people here. It felt more like a holiday when you didn't see your school mates.

And, time did come around to Darcy's fifteenth birthday. It was small, and it was not as important as it felt. Hermione had given her a book of foreign schools, Ron a few spicy dragons (she ate them all within ten minutes), and Harry gave her a pair of socks and a book about Quidditch.

"If you want to be the announcer, you gotta know something about Quidditch," Harry explained.

It was helpful, because pretty soon, Lee Jordan was going to leave Hogwarts next year and Darcy really did want to be a commentator.

Hermione and Ron were on good term—something that seemed to appease Gemma and Darcy. And when the first month of January came bustling by, there was the dreadful article about Hagrid she's read. 

"They're awful," whispered Darcy. "...but Albus Dumbledore surely has a duty to ensure that Harry Potter, along with his fellow students, is warned about the dangers of associating with part-giants—what kind of bullshit is this?"

Gemma stared off into the distance, her mouth curved downwards. "Well...it's—I think it's scary to have a part-giant as a teacher..."

"But Hagrid isn't like them! He's 'part'-giant! Not full!"

"It's not that Hagrid is part-giant. It's jsut the assumption of the word giant that strikes fear into wizards..."

Classes were just the same—but then it came the worry about the second task on February twenty-fourth. Harry told Darcy about how the golden egg could be heard more clearly under water. 

Harry and Hermione went straight to Darcy, the day before the second task, and took her to the library. 

"So, y'need my precious help?" Darcy said, her smile wide but worried. "What the egg say?"

"Come seek us where our voices sound,

We cannot sing above the ground,

And while you're searching ponder this:

We've taken what you'll sorely miss,

An hour long you'll have to look,

And to recover what we took,